Ask a Flight School Student

43 minutes ago, AriX17 said:

From youre post it was like airframes from those list are separate to.

It would look something like this:

Officers: 3 CH47, 4 AH64, 10 UH60

Warrants: 1 CH47, 8 AH64, 5 UH60

Two separate lists of airframes, the total number of which matches the total number of students selecting. That means if the first seven RLOs selected 47s and 64s the next ten would all get 60s without a choice. The Warrant selection is independent of the RLOs but works the same way. 

On 9/23/2020 at 2:21 PM, Crash7051 said:

So for the street to seat guys, this is when you get billeting and would move your stuff? After you get pinned WO1?

I didn't see this answered yet, so I thought I'd chime in. 

When you finish WOCs, your housing is entirely on you. You will leave the WOCS barracks, and be virtually homeless if you did not arrange housing. There will be time and you can put in memos while at WOCS to use the computers to arrange it, but do not sleep on it. B Co (the WO flight school admin company) does not provide lodging.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2020 at 2:30 PM, rob.pet21 said:

I didn't see this answered yet, so I thought I'd chime in. 

When you finish WOCs, your housing is entirely on you. You will leave the WOCS barracks, and be virtually homeless if you did not arrange housing. There will be time and you can put in memos while at WOCS to use the computers to arrange it, but do not sleep on it. B Co (the WO flight school admin company) does not provide lodging.

There's no way to know how to move your family down there? I'm trying to gather intel on that still, I'm on the waiting list for housing, but will they give you time or a brief on how to go out and get housing/look at houses? That seems crazy if not, I've gotten no information on moving down there in my packet beyond getting on the wait list. 

40 minutes ago, Fabulous Jewfro said:

There's no way to know how to move your family down there? I'm trying to gather intel on that still, I'm on the waiting list for housing, but will they give you time or a brief on how to go out and get housing/look at houses? That seems crazy if not, I've gotten no information on moving down there in my packet beyond getting on the wait list. 

Have you contacted anyone at HHC yet? The number is usually somewhere on the welcome packet, if you need someone to break it down they can help 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2020 at 11:04 PM, TheSmallLebowski said:

WOCS: Every day

WOBC: Every day

Flight school including ground school: on your own. I found there was ample time to workout on your own. If I flew PMs, I would workout early in the morning, visa versa for flying AMs. 

Honors and other hold sentences: varies, I've been at honors when it was every other day and I hear now it is on your own. Other taskings may be every day

What is Honors? 

27 minutes ago, greyrider245 said:

I think I read somewhere there are 4 exams throughout IERW.. What are tests like?

Unless things have changed there are way more than four exams. Every one is multiple choice so if you're the kind of person that can quickly associate questions and answers based off a little context they take less than ten minutes and are super easy. 

There are definitely more than 4 exams. In fact if you count check rides as a test, there are a couple weeks where you have 3 in one week. Most of the time the tests are every week, to week and a half. Then there are 3 composite exams where everything up to that date is fair game on the test. And as was stated they aren’t difficult but they aren’t easy either. If you put in a little effort to studying you should be fine.

14 hours ago, zaurus said:

Has the last TH-67A class finish yet? 

I believe they started the last 67 class in the septemberish time frame. If that is the case then it will be probably late February or early March for selection. 

• 5 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Travis3311 said:

Probably a long shot but have any of you guys been to pathfinder school? Because that is hands down the hardest academic thing I've ever done and just wondering what flight school is like in comparison? 

I’m pathfinder qualified. Flight school is a lot more application of the information you have to retain whereas pathfinder is more of retaining info for a written test. You will take more test in flight school than any other time in your life. Apply yourself and you’ll pass. It’s not hard at all. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Travis3311 said:

So just to summarize, how has all the COVID restrictions changed the entire WOCS-flight school process? Do you think its been for better or for worse? 

Covid has made flight school a lot less gay from what used to be. If you prefer in person learning, you may have a problem. The online classes allow you more time at home if you have a family. You don’t have to take a bus to the airfield now (you can drive your POV) and you don’t have to worry about going into a class room for academics after you just stressed the hell out of your nerves flying. Anyone who has been through the pipeline before covid will tell you how jealous they are of those going through now. WOCS is silly af. There are some restrictions but not much. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Ragnar said:

Covid has made flight school a lot less gay from what used to be. If you prefer in person learning, you may have a problem. The online classes allow you more time at home if you have a family. You don’t have to take a bus to the airfield now (you can drive your POV) and you don’t have to worry about going into a class room for academics after you just stressed the hell out of your nerves flying. Anyone who has been through the pipeline before covid will tell you how jealous they are of those going through now. WOCS is silly af. There are some restrictions but not much. 

Dang I have to go back in the closet? Let me tell the other gays here 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3