Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hopefully we can get some good conversations going here. 

I couldn’t find a thread for the November 2020 board so please let me know if there is actually a thread already started. 
 

I submitted my packet a few weeks ago and I’m just wondering what everyone else is looking like. My big concerns right now are the waiver approvals (active federal service I’m at 11 years  and my second waiver is for ETS within 12 months). 

Quick background on my self, I’m active duty Marines. I have been in for 11 years, 6 deployments (three within special operations).

Age: 29

Flight physical: stamped (no waivers)

SIFT: 62

GT:114 (Kinda low took it when I was in high school 11 years ago)

APFT: 267

LORS: Company Commander (Maj special operations officer), Battalion Commander (LtCol special operations officer), Marine LtCol AH-1 Cobra Pilot,  1/160th CW5 MH-6 Pilot, CW4 AH-64 Apache Stan Pilot, Capt AH-64 Pilot. 
 

Does anyone know what the success rate of getting waivers like these approved are?

Thanks in advance. Good luck to everyone else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I called a recruiter & they said possibly Wednesday or Friday. I’ll still be refreshing every 10 minutes until then. 

Got an email today that my AFS waiver was approved!! Board ready!    I just want it to be November 20th already so I can stop being nervous every day lol. it seems like this thread has bee

When the f*** is the Milper dropping 

AGE : 30

SERVICE : Army, 5 years Reserve, 3 years AD, 35-series

SIFT : 72

APFT: 273

EDUCATION : BS Psychology, 2.5 GPA

PHYSICAL : Stamped, with 4 waivers (I don't think the board actually sees this)

LOR : O-3 Co CDR, O-5 BN CDR, CW4 Aviator

AWARDS : ARCOM (3), AAM (2), NIMUC

WAIVERS : No administrative waivers

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RotorNancy said:

Hopefully we can get some good conversations going here. 

I couldn’t find a thread for the November 2020 board so please let me know if there is actually a thread already started. 
 

I submitted my packet a few weeks ago and I’m just wondering what everyone else is looking like. My big concerns right now are the waiver approvals (active federal service I’m at 11 years  and my second waiver is for ETS within 12 months). 

Quick background on my self, I’m active duty Marines. I have been in for 11 years, 6 deployments (three within special operations).

Age: 29

Flight physical: stamped (no waivers)

SIFT: 62

GT:114 (Kinda low took it when I was in high school 11 years ago)

APFT: 267

LORS: Company Commander (Maj special operations officer), Battalion Commander (LtCol special operations officer), Marine LtCol AH-1 Cobra Pilot,  1/160th CW5 MH-6 Pilot, CW4 AH-64 Apache Stan Pilot, Capt AH-64 Pilot. 
 

Does anyone know what the success rate of getting waivers like these approved are?

Thanks in advance. Good luck to everyone else.

With your background and resume I suspect you should be approved for the waivers you are requesting. I found in my process that the way in which you write your request has a large factor as well. I would call aviation proponent when your packet is in their hands to see what if any information they will divulge. You should be able to get your WO recruiter to let you know when your packet is with them. Their recommendation for your waivers factors a great deal in G1’s final authority. Good luck. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RotorNancy said:

Hopefully we can get some good conversations going here. 

I couldn’t find a thread for the November 2020 board so please let me know if there is actually a thread already started. 
 

I submitted my packet a few weeks ago and I’m just wondering what everyone else is looking like. My big concerns right now are the waiver approvals (active federal service I’m at 11 years  and my second waiver is for ETS within 12 months). 

Quick background on my self, I’m active duty Marines. I have been in for 11 years, 6 deployments (three within special operations).

Age: 29

Flight physical: stamped (no waivers)

SIFT: 62

GT:114 (Kinda low took it when I was in high school 11 years ago)

APFT: 267

LORS: Company Commander (Maj special operations officer), Battalion Commander (LtCol special operations officer), Marine LtCol AH-1 Cobra Pilot,  1/160th CW5 MH-6 Pilot, CW4 AH-64 Apache Stan Pilot, Capt AH-64 Pilot. 
 

Does anyone know what the success rate of getting waivers like these approved are?

Thanks in advance. Good luck to everyone else.

I’m an inter service transfer guy from the Marine Corps. The waivers you need are no big deal. I got three waivers; for my age, my 10 years of active service, and my hearing is out of standards. Good luck!

S/F

Wu

Link to post
Share on other sites

Age: 31

Flight physical: stamped

Sift: Scheduled Oct 15th

Flight: Private Pilot ASEL 68 hrs with Cessna 172s, 1.5 hrs with R-22

Education: AS aeronautics 75 credits, 3.14 GPA 

APFT: 264, re-took the new standardized test for the Army and qualified with heavy? I’m not sure what it is but it was the best one I guess.

LORS: O5 F18 Pilot/CO, O3 F18 Pilot Divo, CWO3 AMO. These are all naval officers in my current command. 

Awards: 2 NAMS, 1 AFCOM, SSOQ, SOQ.

I’ll have 11 years active duty service with USN as an E6 aircraft mechanic. Accomplished  5 deployments. I’ll need an Active federal service waiver as well. 

I should be good to go for this board, I’m thinking I have a good shot at this, but I’m still concerned about possibly not being accepted!  I’ll update y’all with my sift score. If you want to chat about resumes or whatever hit me up. 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Grounded1989 said:

Age: 31

Flight physical: stamped

Sift: Scheduled Oct 15th

Flight: Private Pilot ASEL 68 hrs with Cessna 172s, 1.5 hrs with R-22

Education: AS aeronautics 75 credits, 3.14 GPA 

APFT: 264, re-took the new standardized test for the Army and qualified with heavy? I’m not sure what it is but it was the best one I guess.

LORS: O5 F18 Pilot/CO, O3 F18 Pilot Divo, CWO3 AMO. These are all naval officers in my current command. 

Awards: 2 NAMS, 1 AFCOM, SSOQ, SOQ.

I’ll have 11 years active duty service with USN as an E6 aircraft mechanic. Accomplished  5 deployments. I’ll need an Active federal service waiver as well. 

I should be good to go for this board, I’m thinking I have a good shot at this, but I’m still concerned about possibly not being accepted!  I’ll update y’all with my sift score. If you want to chat about resumes or whatever hit me up. 

 

 

 

 

Your stuff looks pretty good. Were you not able to get any Army Warrant officers to write you an LOR? 
 

Also, have you submitted your packet yet? My understanding is the deadline for the packet submission was the 21st? Did you submit your packet without as SIFT completed ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/28/2020 at 9:57 AM, RotorNancy said:

Hopefully we can get some good conversations going here. 

I couldn’t find a thread for the November 2020 board so please let me know if there is actually a thread already started. 
 

I submitted my packet a few weeks ago and I’m just wondering what everyone else is looking like. My big concerns right now are the waiver approvals (active federal service I’m at 11 years  and my second waiver is for ETS within 12 months). 

Quick background on my self, I’m active duty Marines. I have been in for 11 years, 6 deployments (three within special operations).

Age: 29

Flight physical: stamped (no waivers)

SIFT: 62

GT:114 (Kinda low took it when I was in high school 11 years ago)

APFT: 267

LORS: Company Commander (Maj special operations officer), Battalion Commander (LtCol special operations officer), Marine LtCol AH-1 Cobra Pilot,  1/160th CW5 MH-6 Pilot, CW4 AH-64 Apache Stan Pilot, Capt AH-64 Pilot. 
 

Does anyone know what the success rate of getting waivers like these approved are?

Thanks in advance. Good luck to everyone else.

With the new 10 years active duty service obligation (Adso), your waivers shouldn’t Be an issue. The army will get 10 years out of you if you’re selected.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RotorNancy said:

Your stuff looks pretty good. Were you not able to get any Army Warrant officers to write you an LOR? 
 

Also, have you submitted your packet yet? My understanding is the deadline for the packet submission was the 21st? Did you submit your packet without as SIFT completed ?

I believe the packet deadline is November 2, and the board convenes from the 16-20th? This was provided from my recruiter I’m working with to me. He gave me a document with all the future deadlines as well. Unfortunately no, I don’t have an army warrant officer for an LOR. I would really like to have one though. The Sift got cancelled twice for me but I should be good to go on the 15th. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Grounded1989 said:

I believe the packet deadline is November 2, and the board convenes from the 16-20th? This was provided from my recruiter I’m working with to me. He gave me a document with all the future deadlines as well. Unfortunately no, I don’t have an army warrant officer for an LOR. I would really like to have one though. The Sift got cancelled twice for me but I should be good to go on the 15th. 

That sounds like the street to seat timeline. If you’re currently active duty you have missed the deadline for November. Also, if you have waivers that need to be processed I wouldn’t count on that happening quickly. You are directed to backdate your packet submission from the deadline by like 6 weeks per waiver request. Now, if you are not active duty any longer things may be different. Your post seems to indicate you still are. If you are and you’re working with a local recruiter you’re talking to the wrong person. Regional Warrant Officer Recruiters should be your POC. Good luck. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gravityrideseverything said:

That sounds like the street to seat timeline. If you’re currently active duty you have missed the deadline for November. Also, if you have waivers that need to be processed I wouldn’t count on that happening quickly. You are directed to backdate your packet submission from the deadline by like 6 weeks per waiver request. Now, if you are not active duty any longer things may be different. Your post seems to indicate you still are. If you are and you’re working with a local recruiter you’re talking to the wrong person. Regional Warrant Officer Recruiters should be your POC. Good luck. 

I got in contact with a recruiter to wrap things up with my packet. I have been very clear with them that I am active duty USN. I had to submit a conditional release and everything, which was approved. They are telling me the schedule on the website is only applicable to Army not me. I'll send an email to my regional WO recruiters Monday and see if the November 2nd packet deadline applies to me or not because I'm sorta confused with this. Everything you're telling me is what Ive seen on that website but I'm hearing different from Army recruiters. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

AGE : 29

SERVICE : AD Army, SGT - 4 yrs

SIFT: 61

Flight: None

APFT: 279

EDUCATION : BS (3.0 GPA) + 3 AAs (3.25 GPA)

PHYSICAL : Stamped w/ LASIK + ETP for eyes

LOR : O-3 Co CDR, O-5 BN CDR, CW4 160th Chinook Aviator

AWARDS : AAM (5), ASUA

WAIVERS : ETP for eyes

 

Really nervous already... Good luck everyone!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Grounded1989 said:

I got in contact with a recruiter to wrap things up with my packet. I have been very clear with them that I am active duty USN. I had to submit a conditional release and everything, which was approved. They are telling me the schedule on the website is only applicable to Army not me. I'll send an email to my regional WO recruiters Monday and see if the November 2nd packet deadline applies to me or not because I'm sorta confused with this. Everything you're telling me is what Ive seen on that website but I'm hearing different from Army recruiters. 

Yeah, I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I think they may have screwed you. I would call and email your closet WO recruiter ASAP. Phone works best in my experience. Tell them everything you have been told by the local recruiter. The “only for active Army” thing is total bullshit. It’s for all applicants currently serving active duty in any of the 5 branches. I was selected last November from the US Coast Guard and I’m flying to Ft Rucker this morning. Whoever they are may have wasted like 3-6 months of your time. I really hope I’m wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s a possibility I’m right or you’re right. I do only have a few months left on my contract. I was getting out of the Navy then stumbled upon this program. It’s one of my plans of what I’m doing. I would like to finish with 20 years but I’m not doing it enlisted. I might be a special case? But yeah could be bullshit, I’ll hit them up Monday and see what’s up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grounded1989 said:

It’s a possibility I’m right or you’re right. I do only have a few months left on my contract. I was getting out of the Navy then stumbled upon this program. It’s one of my plans of what I’m doing. I would like to finish with 20 years but I’m not doing it enlisted. I might be a special case? But yeah could be bullshit, I’ll hit them up Monday and see what’s up. 

I hope they can get you in bro. Hit me up if you need any help with anything or just throw your questions out on here. Someone definitely has experience with whatever you’re going through. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gravityrideseverything said:

I hope they can get you in bro. Hit me up if you need any help with anything or just throw your questions out on here. Someone definitely has experience with whatever you’re going through. 

I was AD Navy and had to follow the AD Army guideline not the street to seat. They also said I HAD to have 12 months remaining on my contract at the least nine. I was working directly with CW3 Sewall who’s number and info can be found on the warrant website. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

AGE: 37

SERVICE: ACTIVE DUTY 14 YEARS INFANTRY WITH OVER 100 AIR ASSUALTS IN BOTH COMBAT AND TRAINING

SIFT: 45  HARD GETTING TIME TO STUDY AS A PLATOON SERGEANT AND WITH A FAMILY.  PLUS STUDY MATERIAL WAS HARD TO COME BY.

FLIGHT: NO EXPERIENCE OTHER THAN PASSANGER TIME !!!

APFT: 291

EDUCATION: 55 COLLEGE CREDITS / 3.67 GPA

PHYSICAL: GOOD 2 GO WITH LASIK

LORs: CPT/O3 COMPANY COMMANDER, LTC/O5 BATTALION COMMANDER, CW5/AVIATION BRIGADE MASTER GUNNER

AWARDS: 5 ARCOM, 8 AAM

WAIVERs: LASIK

REMARKS: BEEN IN FOR A HOT MINUTE BUT HAVE ALWAYS BEEN IN TOP SHAPE WITH NOT 1 INJURY IN 14 YEARS (KNOCK ON WOOD)  MY ONLY CONCERN IS THEM LOOKING AT ME WITH 14 YEARS ACTIVE SERVICE AND THINKING THAT A 10 YEAR ADSO IS TO MUCH FOR ME.  I THINK IN MY PACKET I EXPRESSED MY DESIRE TO SERVE AS LONG AS I CAN WELL PAST THE 20 YEAR MARK PRETTY WELL.  I JUST HOPE THAT PROPONENT AND G1 SEE IT THE SAME WAY.  HOPE THAT MY EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE OF ALL UNIFIDE GROUND OPERATIONS IS A PLUS IN THE BOARDS EYE AND WHAT IT CAN BRING TO THE TABLE AS A AVIATOR.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2020 at 12:10 PM, ja.br2405 said:

AGE: 37

SERVICE: ACTIVE DUTY 14 YEARS INFANTRY WITH OVER 100 AIR ASSUALTS IN BOTH COMBAT AND TRAINING

SIFT: 45  HARD GETTING TIME TO STUDY AS A PLATOON SERGEANT AND WITH A FAMILY.  PLUS STUDY MATERIAL WAS HARD TO COME BY.

FLIGHT: NO EXPERIENCE OTHER THAN PASSANGER TIME !!!

APFT: 291

EDUCATION: 55 COLLEGE CREDITS / 3.67 GPA

PHYSICAL: GOOD 2 GO WITH LASIK

LORs: CPT/O3 COMPANY COMMANDER, LTC/O5 BATTALION COMMANDER, CW5/AVIATION BRIGADE MASTER GUNNER

AWARDS: 5 ARCOM, 8 AAM

WAIVERs: LASIK

REMARKS: BEEN IN FOR A HOT MINUTE BUT HAVE ALWAYS BEEN IN TOP SHAPE WITH NOT 1 INJURY IN 14 YEARS (KNOCK ON WOOD)  MY ONLY CONCERN IS THEM LOOKING AT ME WITH 14 YEARS ACTIVE SERVICE AND THINKING THAT A 10 YEAR ADSO IS TO MUCH FOR ME.  I THINK IN MY PACKET I EXPRESSED MY DESIRE TO SERVE AS LONG AS I CAN WELL PAST THE 20 YEAR MARK PRETTY WELL.  I JUST HOPE THAT PROPONENT AND G1 SEE IT THE SAME WAY.  HOPE THAT MY EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE OF ALL UNIFIDE GROUND OPERATIONS IS A PLUS IN THE BOARDS EYE AND WHAT IT CAN BRING TO THE TABLE AS A AVIATOR.

Looks like you got a solid package man, I’m hoping the same thing for my packet. I’ve been in 11 years but with my JTAC background and Multiple SOF deployments I’m hoping my ETPs will be approved and they see that my experience will show that I would be a good addition to the aviation branch. 🤙🏼

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

BOARD : Civilian/S2S (Reserve)

AGE : 29

RANK : Civilian (non-prior service)

GT : 124

SIFT : 58

APFT : Passed the OPAT

EDUCATION : BS Computer Science in Dec 2020, 3.0 GPA

FLIGHT : 10 Hours Fixed-wing (solo complete)

LOR : CW4 Aviator, Retired E-7/former civilian boss, CEO of large professional Org

WAIVERS : None

REMARKS: Received letter of acceptance with a line and paragraph # from reserve unit

Link to post
Share on other sites

AGE : 24

SERVICE : 6 Years AD Army, 4 with USMC

SIFT : 50

APFT: 297

EDUCATION : 43 Credits toward AS 

PHYSICAL : Stamped

LOR : O-3 CO CDR, O-5 BN CDR, CW5 CCWO 

AWARDS COA (1)

WAIVERS : None

Good luck to everyone! Finally board ready after starting this process since November of last year. This board seems skinny compared to others. Maybe the ADSO is a turn off for a lot of applicants. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Street to seat applicant. 

 

AGE : 27

SERVICE : Prior Service Army 7 years active duty as a medic / Flight Paramedic - 2 Deployments to Afghanistan, 1 rotation to Europe. 

GT : 113

SIFT : 51

APFT: 300 - Heavy on OPAT

FLIGHT : 80ish all non-rated crewmember. Civilian flight paramedic flight hours unknown. 

EDUCATION : Business Major in progress - 115 hrs completed 3.56 GPA 

PHYSICAL : Stamped, No waivers

LOR : CW4 BDE Stans Pilot for INNG, EMS service Operations manager, Ret. CW2 / Base pilot supervisor for AirEvac 

AWARDS : ARCOM (4), AAM (3), Aviation badge, Parachutist badge, Combat Medic Badge. 

WAIVERS : No administrative waivers

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got an email today that my AFS waiver was approved!! Board ready! 
 

I just want it to be November 20th already so I can stop being nervous every day lol.

it seems like this thread has been really dead. I don’t know how many applicants are going to be on this board but it doesn’t seem like as much as usual. 

Good luck guys! 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2020 at 9:57 AM, RotorNancy said:

Got an email today that my AFS waiver was approved!! Board ready! 
 

I just want it to be November 20th already so I can stop being nervous every day lol.

it seems like this thread has been really dead. I don’t know how many applicants are going to be on this board but it doesn’t seem like as much as usual. 

Good luck guys! 

CONGRATS! Stoked for the board and results also! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

AGE: 21

SERVICE: 2 YEARS SPC, AD

GT: 114

SIFT: 47

APFT: 241

EDUCATION: Pursuing AGS. 28 credits completed, 4.0 GPA

Physical: Stamped/ No Waivers

LOR: O-3 TRP CO, O-5 BN CO, CW4 Aviator

AWARDS: ARCOM (1) AAM (1)

Looking at some of these stats, I'm even more nervous about my low Sift and APFT now. Good luck to everyone on this board!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...