COVID and the process

Hey everyone, I've been trying to find different posts that address this, as I'm sure you all are tired of answering the same questions over and over again, but so far I haven't had much luck or people have individual circumstances that are different. I got selected back in July, to start WOCS in January. I'm a prior service E4, so no BCT for me. I've gotten very little information  about what the move is going to be like, what the process is (when I was doing my research it was WOCS, SERE, BOLC, flight school, or close to that), and how COVID has changed things. I've reached out to my recruiting staff and they aren't familiar with the process either.  I've been reading on here that COVID has led to a lot more freedom and online training.  What's life like in training right now? What does the process look like right now? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm married too so I'm looking at moving onto housing after WOCS, unless that too has changed. 

Thanks! 

I’m not at rucker yet but I’ve heard two things.

1. they give a very army like 7 day quarantine requirement even though science says 14 is the number haha

2. they also stopped bussing us over from rucker to cairnes and are letting student in primary just drive themselves over. Looks to me like this is permanent but I’m not sure.

thats all I got for ya.

also are you a warrant or RLO? Asking cause you mention BOLC and WOCS. 

34 minutes ago, nil5038 said:

I’m not at rucker yet but I’ve heard two things.

1. they give a very army like 7 day quarantine requirement even though science says 14 is the number haha

2. they also stopped bussing us over from rucker to cairnes and are letting student in primary just drive themselves over. Looks to me like this is permanent but I’m not sure.

thats all I got for ya.

also are you a warrant or RLO? Asking cause you mention BOLC and WOCS. 

Yeah I was hearing that about being able to drive ourselves. That's nice. I'm a warrant. I guess I meant to say WBOLC or whatever the proper term is. My bad, still figuring out the ropes. 

WOCS, WOBC, SERE, Common, advanced 

Significant amount of online training for wocs and wobc. I'm still waiting for Sere but there's a backlog but they're working through it. Common core will have a blend of classes. Virtual and in person stuff. 

I live on post and currently enjoy the quick access to b Co for random stuff and 5 min drive to pt.

Edit: quarantine when getting here is 7 days currently. Once you hit B Co, expect a couple more quarantines. If anyone is sick with anything, quarantine. Near someone who had a bad cough? Quarantine. It's not bad though lots of time for video games 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fabulous Jewfro said:

Yeah I was hearing that about being able to drive ourselves. That's nice. I'm a warrant. I guess I meant to say WBOLC or whatever the proper term is. My bad, still figuring out the ropes. 

Up until a few years ago it was just BOLC with the LTs/WOs in the same course. Like usual in the Army someone needed an OER bullet and now there are separate BOLC and WOBC courses. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, eyrk said:

Edit: quarantine when getting here is 7 days currently. Once you hit B Co, expect a couple more quarantines. If anyone is sick with anything, quarantine. Near someone who had a bad cough? Quarantine. It's not bad though lots of time for video games 

f**k....and now that winter aka cold/flu season is here....

All aviation WOCs are 14 days quarantine if you are PCS. I’m on my 12th day currently. We all received conflicting information prior to arrival that we would have a 7 day quarantine and test on the 8th day. I’m not sure if that will continue moving forward, but I wouldn’t be surprised. 

40 minutes ago, gravityrideseverything said:

All aviation WOCs are 14 days quarantine if you are PCS. I’m on my 12th day currently. We all received conflicting information prior to arrival that we would have a 7 day quarantine and test on the 8th day. I’m not sure if that will continue moving forward, but I wouldn’t be surprised. 

Dang when did it go back to 14? How's your Netflix binge going 

On 10/13/2020 at 9:52 PM, eyrk said:

WOCS, WOBC, SERE, Common, advanced 

Significant amount of online training for wocs and wobc. I'm still waiting for Sere but there's a backlog but they're working through it. Common core will have a blend of classes. Virtual and in person stuff. 

I live on post and currently enjoy the quick access to b Co for random stuff and 5 min drive to pt.

That's interesting. Do they not have you in barracks for WOCS? What is the living situation and day to day like? 

I'm also trying to figure out if anything's changed with PCS orders to WOCS and moving my family down there. To my knowledge they don't let you move family down until you graduate WOCS is this still the case? It sounds like so much has changed recently. 

On 10/14/2020 at 1:08 PM, gravityrideseverything said:

Is there anything I can be studying for while I wait to ship out? I've been out of the army for a year and I figured there'd be some basic army stuff I'd want to brush up on before I leave, but are there any specific things I should focus on? Thanks! 

33 minutes ago, Fabulous Jewfro said:

That's interesting. Do they not have you in barracks for WOCS? What is the living situation and day to day like? 

I'm also trying to figure out if anything's changed with PCS orders to WOCS and moving my family down there. To my knowledge they don't let you move family down until you graduate WOCS is this still the case? It sounds like so much has changed recently. 

WOCS you are in barracks 2-3 to a room, you live there day in day out its a great time. 

You can move your family prior to wocs if you want, its going to be based on your situation. You PCS here so all the same rules apply except now a quarantine also, still same ol same ol. 

On 10/15/2020 at 12:35 PM, Fabulous Jewfro said:

Is there anything I can be studying for while I wait to ship out? I've been out of the army for a year and I figured there'd be some basic army stuff I'd want to brush up on before I leave, but are there any specific things I should focus on? Thanks! 

PRT, soldier’s creed, Army song, and Warrant Officer definition. Those are the major things we’ve been told to prepare for. Make sure you have everything you can get on the checklist. Some of the items are available here and some are not available at all or sold out regularly. 

COVID has on the whole made flight school a little better in the sense that a lot of classes are online and you have a little more autonomy. We didn’t have to deal with busses, which were apparently miserable.  It has made it worse in the sense that you aren’t going to be traveling to far from Rucker, going to restaurants, etc.

They seem to have more or less gotten it figured out in terms of getting people through training.

On 10/16/2020 at 1:41 PM, gravityrideseverything said:

PRT, soldier’s creed, Army song, and Warrant Officer definition. Those are the major things we’ve been told to prepare for. Make sure you have everything you can get on the checklist. Some of the items are available here and some are not available at all or sold out regularly. 

Will they get me the checklist when I get there or is there someplace I can find it?

5 hours ago, Fabulous Jewfro said:

Will they get me the checklist when I get there or is there someplace I can find it?

If you Google wocs packing list the first result is from the USAWOCC CAC website. There is a may 2020 version so look for that one. Also can be found on the WOCC milsuite page under the wocs pages.