Choosing a school

Hi,

I am looking to become a professional helicopter pilot. I have done a few demo flights and have decided to get this started however I am overwhelmed with information and trying to find the best school/program to attend. I am specifically looking at SUU Aviation vs Hillsboro Aero academy (oregon location) and having hard time figuring out what is the best path. Although I am not tied to a place to get my training and looking at opportunities in California as well. I am planning to visit both programs but thought I would attempt to reach out and get any input from people in the industry! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2020 at 3:05 PM, Juleki said:

Hi,

I am looking to become a professional helicopter pilot. I have done a few demo flights and have decided to get this started however I am overwhelmed with information and trying to find the best school/program to attend. I am specifically looking at SUU Aviation vs Hillsboro Aero academy (oregon location) and having hard time figuring out what is the best path. Although I am not tied to a place to get my training and looking at opportunities in California as well. I am planning to visit both programs but thought I would attempt to reach out and get any input from people in the industry! 

The Facebook group ‘Helicopter Pilot Network’ will have a lot more info; plenty of pilots there that are familiar with those programs. Unfortunately, this forum has become pretty inactive over the past few years.

Just be prepared for a bit rough humor and jabs. Lots of strong personalities, so to speak...