Class 1 Flight Physical

Hi all,

I am currently stationed at Fort Bragg and am interested in becoming a pilot. So far, I have passed my SIFT and had my flight physical scheduled for today. However, during optometry I was told my astigmatism was too bad and that LASIK was my only option. I later called Lyster at Fort Rucker to speak with a flight doc. He looked over my prescription and told me that even LASIK wouldn’t solve my problem. 

I am aware that this may not be the place to ask, but what are the actual vision requirements to fly? Also, has anybody ran into a similar problem?

FWIW, attached a photo of my prescri4F5D86F3-E58A-4B4E-A941-5865AB6C0187.thumb.jpeg.8e7148e1ec0851c3dd8e64c0dd8b2131.jpegption 

8 hours ago, inquisitor90 said:

Just had a shitty flight physical yesterday encountering an issue with optometry too. Do you mind sharing the phone number you called? Newbie to the forum. Thank you!

(800) 261-7193 for Lyster Health Clinic. TheI’ll point you in the right direction. 

I’ve done quite a bit of research on the regulations/standards so I’ll continue to monitor this thread if you’re curious.

1 minute ago, Dlewis16 said:

(800) 261-7193 for Lyster Health Clinic. TheI’ll point you in the right direction. 

I’ve done quite a bit of research on the regulations/standards so I’ll continue to monitor this thread if you’re curious.

Thank you! Will call them up! And will keep following...

Did you complete all the other parts of your flight physical? Curious because I was treated very badly yesterday at ft hood and was not allowed to do my Part 2 appointment. If you are curious and would like to read, would love your opinion! 

On 12/24/2020 at 4:37 PM, Dlewis16 said:

Editing because I did get to talk to someone in rucker. Sending you a message with some answers I found today