UH-60 Study Guide

It's been awhile since I've been around the forum, but it looks like it's still going strong helping people get through the process of becoming an Army Aviator.  I'm currently a UH-60L IP/IE, but over the years I had created a study guide to help me with my APARTs and what-not.  A few people throughout the years have asked me for a copy of it and seemed to like it so recently I decided to make it easily available and accessible.  If you're a new UH-60L pilot or even an experienced UH-60L pilot that wants to refresh their knowledge, check out my study guide website.  It's free, so I'm not trying to promote anything to make money or anything.  I just want to help people out. 

Eventually I plan on updating the information to apply to UH-60M's as well.  But since I've flown L's for my whole career and probably will for at least the next 3-4 years, that's where my focus has been

Even if you're flying M models a majority of the information in the study guide still applies and could be helpful to you. 

EDIT:  I updated the site to include a UH-60M Study Guide as well. 

Anyway, if you want to check it out, here's the link....

UH-60 Study Guide

Feel free to message me if you have any questions or anything. 

Edited by 01CelicaGTS
Updated link for new website address
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

"PFHLO - Path Finders Have Little Ovaries"

Lmao, glad I'm not the only one who changed it back to this. I think at the school house they said Organs. The more crude the mnemonic, the more likely you are to retain the knowledge. 

Edit: For Special Use Airspace, if you combine non-regulatory and regulatory, you can use MCWRAP as an mnemonic.

Edit 2: "What are the 2 classifications of aircraft, and what classification is the UH60A/L?
Class 1 and Class 2.
The UH60A/L is a class 2 aircraft." 

If you want to mess with your RL3 and students, ask what type of H60 is type 1. It's in the 237-10. 

23 hours ago, Travis3311 said:

Is the A/L models the only models we can expect to train on at flight school? Or do they have a Mike program as well?

If you’re Active you’ll only fly the Mike at the school and then do a Lima transition at your unit if you get placed at a Lima unit. 

NG will fly whatever they were slotted for by their state(I believe this is true for reservists as well). 

• Thanks 1

• 01CelicaGTS changed the title to UH-60 Study Guide
On 1/15/2021 at 12:27 AM, Shadowlurker said:

Edit: For Special Use Airspace, if you combine non-regulatory and regulatory, you can use MCWRAP as an mnemonic.

I like that!  I think I heard that before and completely forgot about it. 

If anyone tried to access the site in the last couple of days from here it may have been a dead link.  I updated the site name and URL so it wasn't L-model specific.  I am adding M-model stuff as well.  That will be live in the next couple of hours.

Hope it helps!

UH-60 Study Guide

Also, I'm thinking of doing weekly(ish) quizzes similar to the Bold Method ones, but specific to Army Aviation, Helicopters, and UH-60 related stuff.  Those will be on my website as well as on Facebook.

Edited by 01CelicaGTS
Updated link for new website address
  • Thanks 1

On 1/15/2021 at 6:16 PM, Shadowlurker said:

If you’re Active you’ll only fly the Mike at the school and then do a Lima transition at your unit if you get placed at a Lima unit. 

NG will fly whatever they were slotted for by their state(I believe this is true for reservists as well). 

Thanks! I'm active duty so I guess I'll be in Mike's then!