Logging Simulated Instrument Time

So I’m 10 hours short of the required instrument time to meet the 135 IFR requirements. I’m wondering if it would be possible to use the local airplane flights schools flight simulator to get the remaining. All of my hood time has been in actual flight so I know I meet the 50 hr requirement.  Here where it get tricky though, I’m not airplane rated so I don’t know if I would be to be able to log it even with an instructor. Anyone have any insight?

Do you have an airplane student licence? Hard to log it otherwise.

Airplanes are inherently stable, so the techniques are a little different, speeds are different, the operating controls are different, the only things the same are the VOR, ADF and GPS profiles - though some helo-specific approaches are different too.

Forgeddabahdit.

Part 135 for IFR experience says:

2) Has had at least 1,200 hours of flight time as a pilot, including 500 hours of cross country flight time, 100 hours of  night flight time, and 75 hours of actual or simulated  instrument time at least 50 hours of which were in actual flight

I don't see anything that says you need be acting as a PIC to log the time. I would say you are good to go. If you are applying for a job that requires it, you will definitely get those 10 hours in training before you ever get to the line. 

Edited by helonorth

10 hours ago, Disguise Delimit said:

Do you have an airplane student licence? Hard to log it otherwise.

Airplanes are inherently stable, so the techniques are a little different, speeds are different, the operating controls are different, the only things the same are the VOR, ADF and GPS profiles - though some helo-specific approaches are different too.

Forgeddabahdit.

Rated pilots do not get student pilot certificates, even when training for a different category and class.