FQ-NS Any suggestions from board members or knowledgeable advice?

I was a Fully Qualified Non- Select for the Jan 2021. The recruiters thought it was a pretty strong packet, maybe it was just a smaller and more competitive board or maybe I just need to be better. Regardless I am really hoping to make any needed corrections before the next board and any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. 

Active duty (11B) E-6

TIS: 7 yrs

SIFT: 56

GT: 112

APFT: 291

Flight physical: stamped, No waiver

Education: 15 credit hours

Flight hours: None

LORS: CW5, CW3, LTC, CPT, CPT

Stats look about average, not bad but nothing special. Check through everything for proper completion, adherence to the directed standards and proper spelling/grammar/structure. It might have been a competitive board or a board with fewer selectees and the little details like that can make all the difference. Make sure your resume accurately reflects everything you've done and your essay is actually applicable to you personally and can't just have the name changed and apply to anyone trying to be a warrant officer. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Thedude said:

Stats look about average, not bad but nothing special. Check through everything for proper completion, adherence to the directed standards and proper spelling/grammar/structure. It might have been a competitive board or a board with fewer selectees and the little details like that can make all the difference. Make sure your resume accurately reflects everything you've done and your essay is actually applicable to you personally and can't just have the name changed and apply to anyone trying to be a warrant officer. 

Thanks, I will go through and double check everything. 

3 hours ago, JMcKee said:

I was a Fully Qualified Non- Select for the Jan 2021. The recruiters thought it was a pretty strong packet, maybe it was just a smaller and more competitive board or maybe I just need to be better. Regardless I am really hoping to make any needed corrections before the next board and any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. 

Active duty (11B) E-6

Yea those numbers are good enough to be selected for sure just keep applying man. Goes without saying make sure your packet is formatted properly and everything but keep applying unless you have some red flag attached to your name you’ll get in eventually

• 2 months later...

If you are really wanting to get selected my biggest piece of advice would be to get some flight experience under your belt. Think of it as an investment. 

A few flight hours is better than none. I was a FQ-NS on my first look. I went and got 25 flight hours and was selected the next time I applied. 

Even if you only get 5 hours, that's better than 0 hours. 

If getting flight hours isn't in your budget, consider taking the civilian private pilot license exam as an extra test score to throw in your packet. It's something else to set yourself apart from your competitors. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/6/2021 at 9:43 AM, JMcKee said:

Active duty (11B) E-6

I had very very similar stats on my board just different MOS, also fq-ns first go but select on second. I redid my bio to really sell my years of experience more and took another da photo as well as an additional LOR. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 11:55 PM, JFont said:

If you are really wanting to get selected my biggest piece of advice would be to get some flight experience under your belt. Think of it as an investment. 

A few flight hours is better than none. I was a FQ-NS on my first look. I went and got 25 flight hours and was selected the next time I applied. 

Even if you only get 5 hours, that's better than 0 hours. 

If getting flight hours isn't in your budget, consider taking the civilian private pilot license exam as an extra test score to throw in your packet. It's something else to set yourself apart from your competitors. 

I second this. I only added 5 flight hours to my second look, but it shows initiative. You will also get a specific aircraft safety cert showing you're qualified and capable of flying that aircraft. That's something extra to add.