Is it worth it to drive my POV down prior to flying down to WOCS?

I got accepted as a a street to seater but MEPS is making me fly down to Alabama which is fine.  But due to issues with my reserve unit I haven't been able to turn in any OCIE.  I'll have to bring 3 to four duffel bags worth of (frankly) crap that I won't need down there in addition to what I actually need.  Which made me think that it might be worth it to drive down there, leave my car at the airport for a night, fly back up, take the flight from MEPS, then drive my POV to Fort Rucker.  The other thing is that once I graduate WOCS and get my PCS orders I am worried that it will take the movers a while to get the car down there.  Time that I will need to move into a house.  Can anyone offer any insight? 

Unless you are PCSing OCONUS, which this is not, a vehicle is not authorized to be shipped at the governments expense. Also since you are going to flight school make sure MEPS writes you PCS orders, otherwise you won’t get a household goods move at all. Fort Rucker will not, I say again WILL NOT write you orders to PCS to Fort Rucker. And learning  from friends who have gone through the headache of trying to get MEPS to amend orders, Fort Rucker won’t help you in the process either. 

I’m assuming you’re prior service since you’re going straight to Rucker? If so make them lazy turds write you PCS orders for here. You can definitely just drive your vehicle straight to WOCS because plenty of prior service street to seat guys did it. If not and you do fly you will get ten days of leave after WOCS at BCo to move all your stuff as long as you have PCS orders obviously. 

• 2 weeks later...

The answer I got from the schoolhouse:

You can only move HHG after you complete WOCS as a street to seater.

And they will not pay for a pov movement at all for a conus pcs. 

Therefore, it makes more sense for me to drive the car down and then take a flight back up before I fly down from MEPS. 

1 hour ago, J123456 said:

And they will not pay for a pov movement at all for a conus pcs. 

There might be some confusion there. The Army won't pay to ship a vehicle for a CONUS move but you are authorized to drive a vehicle for a PCS and get paid roughly 25¢ a mile for the distance traveled.