ASVAB GT: 110
Β 
SIFT: 53
Β 
OPAT: Heavy
Β 
EDUCATION: Graduates High School 29MAY2021 (this Saturday), 3.10 GPA
Β 
FLIGHT: 78.8 hours, 19.6 hours solo/PIC, Airplane Single Engine Land (ASEL) Private Pilot’s License
Β 
BOARD: May 2021
Β 
LORS: Aviation O-8, Aviation CW5, Aviation CW4, Aviation CW4, JROTC Instructor (Retired Artillery CW4), Michigan County Sheriff that has known my son and our family for 50 years
Β 
OTHER INFO: 120 hours of volunteer service between three separate civic organizations, 3 Years JROTC
Β 
PHYSICAL: Class 1A Physical, stamped
Β 
I have the privilege of swearing him in at MEPS this Thursday...honored and obviously proud as hell!
  • Like 3

And you were worried. Congrats Dad and for your son. Obviously he came from good Stock. When is your son's B'day? I think he must turnΒ 18 before attending WOCS. Don't want them too young. Still young enough in flying for the AF after his 10yr ADSO if he so chooses.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, zaurus said:

And you were worried. Congrats Dad and for your son. Obviously he came from good Stock. When is your son's B-day? I think he must turnΒ 18 before attending WOCS. Don't want them too young. Still young enough in flying for the AF after his 10yr ADSO if he so chooses.

Ty! Β Correct...he turns 18 next month.

5 minutes ago, Thedude said:

Good luck to him. That's a huge change in life and a lot of growing up to do real quick before the Army eats his lunch. He's in for a tough time as a baby warrant officer going into this fresh and knowing nothing about the army or life.

Β 

Acknowledge all...expect he will be coached and mentored by peers and seniors with more experience...he is a confident but humble dude...he has good mentors now. Β It’s what we as seniors do.Β πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MXCrewChief4Life623 said:
Our Son Selected First Look May 2021
Street to Seat / High School to Flight School
Β 
Β 
ASVAB GT: 110
Β 
SIFT: 53
Β 
OPAT: Heavy
Β 
EDUCATION: Graduates High School 29MAY2021 (this Saturday), 3.10 GPA
Β 
FLIGHT: 78.8 hours, 19.6 hours solo/PIC, Airplane Single Engine Land (ASEL) Private Pilot’s License
Β 
BOARD: May 2021
Β 
LORS: Aviation O-8, Aviation CW5, Aviation CW4, Aviation CW4, JROTC Instructor (Retired Artillery CW4), Michigan County Sheriff that has known my son and our family for 50 years
Β 
OTHER INFO: 120 hours of volunteer service between three separate civic organizations, 3 Years JROTC
Β 
PHYSICAL: Class 1A Physical, stamped
Β 
I have the privilege of swearing him in at MEPS this Thursday...honored and obviously proud as hell!

Awesome to hear! Congrats! What did your son compile and submit his packet in? A half inch three ringΒ binder? Just trying to get my format down the best I can to give the best impression.Β 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, DylanVille01 said:

Awesome to hear! Congrats! What did your son compile and submit his packet in? A half inch three ringΒ binder? Just trying to get my format down the best I can to give the best impression.Β 

Thanks a lot! Β No binder...just brought the documents we had control of (LoRs, essay, resume, pilot’s license, log book, volunteer certificates, stamped flight physical,Β and a couple other miscellaneous documents) to the recruiter. Β He completed and compiled all other packet requirements (test scores, security clearance request, enlistment documents, OPAT scoresheet, etc) and ultimately scanned them into the electronic board file that recruiters use to submit the packet to their respective BN for review. Β All in all, time intensive, attention to detail kind of β€œstuff”. Β 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2021 at 9:47 AM, MXCrewChief4Life623 said:

Thanks a lot! Β No binder...just brought the documents we had control of (LoRs, essay, resume, pilot’s license, log book, volunteer certificates, stamped flight physical,Β and a couple other miscellaneous documents) to the recruiter. Β He completed and compiled all other packet requirements (test scores, security clearance request, enlistment documents, OPAT scoresheet, etc) and ultimately scanned them into the electronic board file that recruiters use to submit the packet to their respective BN for review. Β All in all, time intensive, attention to detail kind of β€œstuff”. Β 

Congratulations to your son, quick question , if he would have not got chosen does he still owe the ARMY a certain amount of years?

18 hours ago, zaurus said:

As a civilian, you are not obligated if not selected. But if he quits or gets kicked out of IERW, he owes ten years from that date if the Army chooses.

That’s not true. The oldΒ 6yr orΒ new 10yr obligation to the Army for aviation does not begin until completion of flight training. That runs concurrent with whatever obligation you signed to get to BCT and after WOCS.Β 

56 minutes ago, gravityrideseverything said:

That’s not true. The oldΒ 6yr orΒ new 10yr obligation to the Army for aviation does not begin until completion of flight training. That runs concurrent with whatever obligation you signed to get to BCT and after WOCS.Β 

If you willingly quit you owe the Army the full 10 year obligation as stated in AR 350-100. If you don't finish for disciplinary reasons or medical reasons the obligation varies depending on the outcome of the disciplinary proceedings or med board.Β 

Just now, Thedude said:

If you willingly quit you owe the Army the full 10 year obligation. If you don't finish for disciplinary reasons or medical reasons the obligation varies depending on the outcome of the disciplinary proceedings or med board.Β 

That’s fair however if you fail out and are not a total scumbag you’re not going to get thrown to the wolves.Β