May 2021 WOFT Board

1 hour ago, Ladyinwaiting said:

The board dates I was given were the 17th to the 21st.  Going on that timeline, they will be dropped next Firday, as they are still technically in session this Friday?  I'm wondering is street to seat decided first then Active Duty?  It would be interesting to find out.  

It would drop next Friday. It’s a long wait.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ladyinwaiting said:

The board dates I was given were the 17th to the 21st.  Going on that timeline, they will be dropped next Firday, as they are still technically in session this Friday?  I'm wondering is street to seat decided first then Active Duty?  It would be interesting to find out.  

Yes...S2S is the first group of applicants to be boarded...first thing Monday morning.  AD WOFT applicants are immediately following the S2S.  Thus, the decision was made for everyone on Monday...tight lips keep the results from coming out until the selection MFR is signed and published by USAREC. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ladyinwaiting said:

The WOSB MILPER message should come out next Friday (the 28th), Saturday the latest given that the 28th through 31st is a DONSA for Memorial Day. That was the same case for March's board. The WOSB MILPER message was published on a Saturday afternoon 1 week after the board, and that weekend was a DONSA as well.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Kismat said:

The WOSB MILPER message should come out next Friday (the 28th), Saturday the latest given that the 28th through 31st is a DONSA for Memorial Day. That was the same case for March's board. The WOSB MILPER message was published on a Saturday afternoon 1 week after the board, and that weekend was a DONSA as well.

Some guys on the March board thread said they found out on the last day of the board.

48 minutes ago, Ladyinwaiting said:

I have next Friday - Mon off.  I'm hoping this thread will inform me.  Or I might just go back in on Friday, but then you know I will get stuck doing something.  If I get to it first, I will post.  

You got a email? I got my gov computer with me all the time. I can send it to you

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Jbail said:

From their post it looks like they were S2S and found out through their recruiter.

Yes majority were S2S who found out from their recruiters, from what I can recall. Tried reaching out to my recruiters then, but they were all away on some "mission." That's what SF recruiters told me back then coz they all share the same office space where am at...but yeah, S2S should know theirs pretty soon before we do next week lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Ladyinwaiting said:

I have next Friday - Mon off.  I'm hoping this thread will inform me.  Or I might just go back in on Friday, but then you know I will get stuck doing something.  If I get to it first, I will post.  

So if you have a PC and CAC reader you should be able to access everything on HRC's website including MILPER messages. You shouldn't need a NIPR computer. If you are running into problems, then you might need to install DOD certs onto your PC. 

MilitaryCAC's Information on the importance of DoD Certificates

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Jbail said:

Any S2S guys hear anything today? My recruiter told me that I’m going to have to wait till next week to find out.

My recruiter just checked to see if the results were put out - he told me probably Monday too. 

• Like 1

So silly question, is the WOFT board at the same time as the In-service board? My son has been working on this with a recruiter for almost 2 years, feel like he’s getting the runaround, just trying to find some answers/information. 

So silly question, is the WOFT board at the same time as the In-service board? My son has been working on this with a recruiter for almost 2 years, feel like he’s getting the runaround, just trying to find some answers/information. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MXCrewChief4Life623 said:

36 applicants were boarded...mostly civilian.  Actual breakdown by the numbers (military vs S2S)...will come...

36 total applicants from military and S2S??? That seems super low. Should be good news for most of us. Wonder why there would be a lack of participation this month. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TLAZZO said:

36 total applicants from military and S2S??? That seems super low. Should be good news for most of us. Wonder why there would be a lack of participation this month. 

Yep...shaking my head in dismay.  No idea why they are so low, but I’d say you are correct to assume that is a good thing...these numbers are definitely not going to make a dent in the numbers needed to fill the aviator pipeline.

39 minutes ago, MXCrewChief4Life623 said:

Yep...shaking my head in dismay.  No idea why they are so low, but I’d say you are correct to assume that is a good thing...these numbers are definitely not going to make a dent in the numbers needed to fill the aviator pipeline.

I think you guys are mixing the process. The S2S and active boards are in no way connected other than they occur at the same time. The active duty board only selects applicants from the Army and sister services who are eligible and they have consistently selected at least 65 or so every other month for I don’t know how long give or take a few. They also consistently have people who are not selected. The active duty message won’t be out until the middle or end of next week. The participant numbers you are talking about are just civilians. Zero chance there is only 36 for both boards. While that number is low I’ve seen many posts on here where it was like 40/50/60 so I mean I guess I get it but that just means better selection odds for the 36. Usually it’s like 20 or so selected for the civilians. They also have the Commission Officer to Warrant board this month (and November if I’m not mistaken) and that is super competitive with many interested applicants. Is there a chance I’m wrong? Absolutely. Here’s my thoughts... 10 year ADSO is going to decrease interest enough to create another shortage on top on the shortage. They’ll have to lower it back down to 6 or 8. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gravityrideseverything said:

I think you guys are mixing the process. The S2S and active boards are in no way connected other than they occur at the same time. The active duty board only selects applicants from the Army and sister services who are eligible and they have consistently selected at least 65 or so every other month for I don’t know how long give or take a few. They also consistently have people or are not selected. The active duty message won’t be out until the middle or end of next week. The participant numbers you are talking about are just civilians. Zero chance there is only 36 for both boards. While that number is low I’ve seen many posts on here where it was like 40/50/60 so I mean I guess I get it but that just means better selection odds for the 36. Usually it’s like 20 or so selected for the civilians. They also have the Commission Officer to Warrant board this month (and November if I’m not mistaken) and that is super competitive with many interested applicants. Is there a chance I’m wrong? Absolutely. Here’s my thoughts... 10 year ADSO is going to decrease interest enough to create another shortage on top on the shortage. They’ll have to lower it back down to 6 or 8. 

S2S are boarded first and separately from the AD WOFT applicants.  The board members are briefed to score and select the civilian packets “with their hearts” using the total person/packet principle.  The AD WOFT applicants are then boarded along with the remaining WO applicants.  But, as I said, the number of 153 candidates is very low this go round.  Absolutely agree that the new service obligation has to have an impact on the number of interested parties.

2 hours ago, NOS said:

Good afternoon.

Yes, the WOFT board convenes for S2S and AD both every two months for the remainder of this fiscal year and likely for fiscal year 22.  Not every MOS/branch convenes every two months though.  If you have any specific questions, let me know...two year process ended for our son this past week...absolutely know the ins and outs of the process, from beginning to end.🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤘🏻🤘🏻

Thank you so much! My son’s recruiter told him on Friday that the upcoming board in July is only for AD so she said she will not put the package in this Monday 24 May which is the deadline. Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.