Timeline after selection

Hey guys I just got my ETP and it looks like I should be ready to make the May board! I am wondering if any other street to seat candidates that have been selected recently could give me an idea on a timeline to go to basic after they got the news from the board!

I would like to travel, make some arrangements with properties and spend some time with family before going to Basic, WOCS and pretty much gone for 2 years of training...

Thank you all!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2021 at 5:58 PM, inquisitor90 said:

Hey guys I just got my ETP and it looks like I should be ready to make the May board! I am wondering if any other street to seat candidates that have been selected recently could give me an idea on a timeline to go to basic after they got the news from the board!

I would like to travel, make some arrangements with properties and spend some time with family before going to Basic, WOCS and pretty much gone for 2 years of training...

Thank you all!

Its different for everyone. The big factor is getting you into a WOCS class. So, depending when that is, you will start basic sooner, obviously. I was prior service S2S, i got in a WOCS class 6 months out. Some guys were 12 months... My advice is to do what you need or want to so now. You could have a report date anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...