Class 1A Exception to policy question

Does anyone know if an exception to policy on an initial flight physical continues to carry over, or do I have to get the exception to policy every time?

I am currently scheduled to report to Rucker for BOLC 10 September, which is unfortunately 8 days outside of my 18 month window for my initial flight physical. 

Everything was good to go on my physical except for an issue with ADHD medication for a short period of time when I was 18 (technically an adult.) I was granted an exception to policy, but was not sure if that will carry over to this next flight physical I have to do before heading to Rucker. Any help is appreciated. 

On 5/6/2021 at 4:37 PM, jkcraft said:

Does anyone know if an exception to policy on an initial flight physical continues to carry over, or do I have to get the exception to policy every time?

I am currently scheduled to report to Rucker for BOLC 10 September, which is unfortunately 8 days outside of my 18 month window for my initial flight physical. 

Everything was good to go on my physical except for an issue with ADHD medication for a short period of time when I was 18 (technically an adult.) I was granted an exception to policy, but was not sure if that will carry over to this next flight physical I have to do before heading to Rucker. Any help is appreciated. 

From what I’ve read from other posts... you will do another physical upon arrival to flight school. The process should be streamlined including any required ETP.

22 minutes ago, Ewoski said:

From what I’ve read from other posts... you will do another physical upon arrival to flight school. The process should be streamlined including any required ETP.

He still has to do another one prior, I was in the same boat. My packet flight physical expired before getting to Rucker so I redid it, PCS'd a couple weeks later, finished WOCS and did the flight physical on Rucker that they require. 

As for the ETP you should be good to go. I had PRK and the only time I had to submit the stacks of paperwork from the surgery was on my initial physical. Not quite the same as an ETP but I think it's a similar process. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NineLingBling said:

My eye/vision related ETP says something like this etp is valid until terminated. I didn't have to submit another request for same etp for my second physical (outside of 18 mo. from my initial physical when I report to rucker). 

Check and read your ETP if it says something like this. 

Was that located within Aero? I haven’t actually read the ETP, just the actual physical that was stamped approved