WOFT Street to Seat - Letters of Recommendation

Hello,

I am currently in the process of building my WOFT packet on the civilian side. Is it necessary to have an address on my letters of recommendation? My LOR's are coming from professors/retired military who are using word documents to draft their letters. Some of them have letterhead and others do not. A few of them are asking for a specific address to place before "To Whom It May Concern". I couldn't get a straight answer out of my recruiter. 

I appreciate any insight!

Proseff - from my understanding the preferred LOR format is the UF Form 3.3 "Letters of Recommendation:(Minimum of 3, Maximum of 6) Preferred form UF 3.3" - U.S. ARMY RECRUITING COMMAND > In-Service Opportunities > U.S. Army Warrant Officer Recruiting > When Do I Apply? > Civilian (WOFT) Applicants On the top of the UF form is where your information about yourself such as name, address, and other information should go. This is a form that you can find on google.

Hope this helps a bit. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lumin said:

Proseff - from my understanding the preferred LOR format is the UF Form 3.3 "Letters of Recommendation:(Minimum of 3, Maximum of 6) Preferred form UF 3.3" - U.S. ARMY RECRUITING COMMAND > In-Service Opportunities > U.S. Army Warrant Officer Recruiting > When Do I Apply? > Civilian (WOFT) Applicants On the top of the UF form is where your information about yourself such as name, address, and other information should go. This is a form that you can find on google.

Hope this helps a bit. 

Thank your the information, Lumin. Am I shooting myself in the foot if I don't use that form? Some of the professors have professional letterhead and their letters would look more presentable if it was a word document. If they aren't on UF 3.3, however, I'm afraid the board might gloss over it or see it as unprofessional if it was written on a word document and converted to a PDF.

On 5/19/2021 at 4:48 AM, proseff said:

Thank your the information, Lumin. Am I shooting myself in the foot if I don't use that form? Some of the professors have professional letterhead and their letters would look more presentable if it was a word document. If they aren't on UF 3.3, however, I'm afraid the board might gloss over it or see it as unprofessional if it was written on a word document and converted to a PDF.

I apologize, I don't know the answer and I'm not going to pretend like I do. I would hope that the content of the LOR would be more valuable than the format. I personally got all of my LORs in the UF form and should find out whether I got accepted on the May board either today or next Monday. Good luck to you Proseff!