Help me join the dark side...and make money?

On 6/10/2021 at 1:12 PM, PRJ said:

Again, this isn’t about high time. This is about building time. The OP doesn’t like the most likely answer…instructing. The only other option I can see is buying your own helicopter an paying for your own hours. 

Forget the “high time” debate. I just finished an HAI seminar where they noted, quite sadly, that most helicopter accidents (pilot related) are by pilots with over 5000 hours. Why? Current thinking is what I see a lot here - the “listen to me sonny-boy I have 9 billion hours and know more than the guys who designed and built this thing” types of guys.

The issue here is how to get time to get to your first real gig. I am sure others have ideas but it seems to me the options are to instruct, military flying, or paying your own freight for the first 500 hours of helicopter time.

I’m open to doing the CFI add on too, just for the robbies id need 200RW hrs. to instruct in them, unless I’m missing something?

2 hours ago, choppaguy84 said:

Yes, SFAR 73 requires 200 hours helicopter time to instruct in their aircraft. Be advised though, some schools use Pathfinder insurance...they require 300. You can still find plenty of places that accept 200. 

So find a school with something other than a robbie?   

On 6/12/2021 at 1:15 AM, NineThreeKilo said:

So find a school with something other than a robbie?   

That is an option, but Robinson has a pretty solid lock on the market. The Cabri might be a good option depending on where you are.