Jump to content

Recommended Posts

 My aviation application checklist says that my APFT needs to be taken within 6 months when I submit my packet. My last one was in August 2020 with a score of 271. My CO won't allow me to take another to improve my score due to the Army Directive 2020-06. It pretty much states that the only exceptions to taking the APFT is if you're flagged for failing or haven't taken one. Has anyone else ran into this issue? If so how did you overcome it? Is the ACFT accepted as a valid PT test yet even thought it's not counted for record?

army_directive_2020_06_acft.pdf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Here is what I was sent from recruiting when I tried to submit a my packet with an ACFT score. I have an APFT on file from before the October 2020 deadline.

"- DA 61 BLK 41 ACFT NOT VALID (IAW AD 2020-06 APFT IS VALID UNTIL 31 MAR 2022, BLK 41 MUST HAVE LAST STANDARD 3 EVENT APFT TAKEN PRIOR TO 1 OCT 2020, ACFT NOT AUTHORIZED FOR APPLICATION PURPOSES)"

So you use your APFT score from August 2020.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There was a post in early June that SPC and CPL may volunteer to take an APFT if they plan on attending an NCOES or if they are trying to increase their points for promotion (but the test was voluntary). The trick is finding three other people to take one with you (per the regulation in FM 7-22) to make it a record.

I hope you know someone with DTMS access.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, RouterRanger said:

There was a post in early June that SPC and CPL may volunteer to take an APFT if they plan on attending an NCOES or if they are trying to increase their points for promotion (but the test was voluntary). The trick is finding three other people to take one with you (per the regulation in FM 7-22) to make it a record.

I hope you know someone with DTMS access.

Does the APFT need to be logged in DTMS for board purposes? I never knew you had to have 3 people to take it with you, but I've done individual PT tests for a LOT of people, all handled at a Platoon or Squad level. Arguably, the APFT was always just a piece of paper with some stuff written on it, I don't know what the Commander has to do with it. There were no questions to the PT card I scanned with scribbled signatures and initials in authorization blocks, and can't imagine the board would care. Obviously going around the Commanders back isn't ideal, but this seems like a problem with some pretty easy solutions.

Edited by KennyO
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, KennyO said:

Does the APFT need to be logged in DTMS for board purposes? I never knew you had to have 3 people to take it with you, but I've done individual PT tests for a LOT of people, all handled at a Platoon or Squad level. Arguably, the APFT was always just a piece of paper with some stuff written on it, I don't know what the Commander has to do with it. There were no questions to the PT card I scanned with scribbled signatures and initials in authorization blocks, and can't imagine the board would care. Obviously going around the Commanders back isn't ideal, but this seems like a problem with some pretty easy solutions.

For the board with your SRB being apart of the packet I would think it would need to match and be in DTMS to reflect the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JMac said:

For the board with your SRB being apart of the packet I would think it would need to match and be in DTMS to reflect the same.

I dont want to mislead anyone if this has changed, but my DTMS was an absolute wreck during the board, and I've seen first hand how poorly managed it can be. I actually had to make my own PT card since mine was lost, then simply had S1 update my SRB. I can't imagine them looking your stats up on top of the review of board packet, considering their small amount of time to review each individual boarding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah technically, for a PT test, by regulation you need 4 people to take it. We know that doesn't always happen, but for covering thine ass (since I would never coerce someone to break the rules) you should get some peeps to take it with you, even if for THEM its not a record test.

As for it matching; if you submit an SRB and you're including weapons or ACFT/APFT, DTMS access (or someone with access to make the changes) is needed. If they don't match, then you'll run into the same issue of "anyone can make this DA 705; why wouldn't you". The SRB matching the 705 is the golden ticket. If anything, make a DA 705 that matches your SRB and you'll be fine; or someone in your Orderly Room/Training room should have access to make the changes.

If you know someone @ the BN or BDE that has access to your unit, you can always take your DA 705 to them and just say that no one in your OPS has access. Have them update and select "Verify" and your SRB will reflect usually within 48 hours :)

As for the S1 comment, that is also an option, however the system defaults to the DTMS information. If you have S1 change it in eMilpo, you may break the connection between DTMS and/or subject your SRB to reverting to what is on DTMS. That being said, if you have both pieces of paper and they match for the board, you're gucci!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...