Jump to content

National guard to active duty woft

Recommended Posts

So I've been in the guard the past few years with 2 years left till my ets date. I've droped a woft packet and boarded for my state but was told that they are over strength for pilots.  With that, I want to try submitting a packet for active duty. Does anyone have any info on how that would work? Can I just submit my packet for active duty while still in the guard? Do I need to transition over to active before I can submit one? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes you can transition over to AD. The most important piece of paperwork is a DD Form 368, conditional release. It’s a form that needs to be signed by the first GO in your CoC(someone lower may have sig authority in your state). You go through an Army Recruiter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...