TRAINING PIPELINE CLARIFICATION

Hello Everyone!

Was hoping one of the Warrants that went through flight school recently could provide clarification on what the entire training pipeline looks like from WOCS through the graduation of flight school. I'm heading to WOCS in January via S2S program.

From my understanding it goes:

1. WOCS (5 weeks)

2. WOBC (unknown length)

3. SERE (3 weeks?)

4. Basic Rotary

5. Advanced Airframe

Just trying to better understand what to expect - side note, what do you actually do during WOBC?

19 hours ago, Lumin said:

Hello Everyone!

Was hoping one of the Warrants that went through flight school recently could provide clarification on what the entire training pipeline looks like from WOCS through the graduation of flight school. I'm heading to WOCS in January via S2S program.

From my understanding it goes:

1. WOCS (5 weeks)

2. WOBC (unknown length)

3. SERE (3 weeks?)

4. Basic Rotary

5. Advanced Airframe

Just trying to better understand what to expect - side note, what do you actually do during WOBC?

WOBC is a 3 week course with various subjects covering leadership and some basic Army intros. You will also shoot the pistol qualification course during this time. Most people under perform in WOBC and don’t realize it is used to calculate your final OML for selection. Wait times vary after WOCS but the biggest stall is usually SERE. I’m not sure how long that is now (It was 3 months for me due to COVID). You will be filled into courses by B-CO as they see fit. Usually this has to do with whatever component you’re in. Sometimes NG or reserve get priority other times they don’t. Just depends. If you’re on hold you’ll be assigned to some sort of duty position. Most people are put in HONDET (honors detail) and the rest go into staff positions around the post. Once you start flight training you shouldn’t have any extra duty unless you get pulled for quarantine or some other reason and you get delayed. 

Don’t worry about anything right now, just do one thing at a time. Good luck. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gravityrideseverything said:

WOBC is a 3 week course with various subjects covering leadership and some basic Army intros. You will also shoot the pistol qualification course during this time. Most people under perform in WOBC and don’t realize it is used to calculate your final OML for selection. Wait times vary after WOCS but the biggest stall is usually SERE. I’m not sure how long that is now (It was 3 months for me due to COVID). You will be filled into courses by B-CO as they see fit. Usually this has to do with whatever component you’re in. Sometimes NG or reserve get priority other times they don’t. Just depends. If you’re on hold you’ll be assigned to some sort of duty position. Most people are put in HONDET (honors detail) and the rest go into staff positions around the post. Once you start flight training you shouldn’t have any extra duty unless you get pulled for quarantine or some other reason and you get delayed. 

Don’t worry about anything right now, just do one thing at a time. Good luck. 

Appreciate the information - I really was unsure of what to expect for WOBC as generally WOBC is like a "this is how you do your job in your job field course now that you're a warrant course". 

On 9/10/2021 at 4:06 PM, Bomberbasic said:

9E319150-B4AB-4566-9532-CDEB465C8358.jpeg

When do they plan on implementing this? Because this definitely isn’t anybody’s syllabus that I know. AI is 3 weeks right now and what the hell is basic tactical nav? 

3 hours ago, eyrk said:

That's BWS. Which how it was a few months ago when I finished common core. 

Ahhh shiz I had it mixed up in my mind that it was six not four weeks. My B 🤦🏼 But AI is definitely only three weeks 

43 minutes ago, eyrk said:

Interesting I think it was either 3 and change or 4 weeks for me with 5 for BI

Yeah BI was 4 weeks and AI was three I’m on nights now for BWS. That’s why I was confused on the first two week thing because I was seeing warfighting skills as six weeks not four. But combine them and it is six haha.