Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi, just figured since the September board is done I’ll be the first to post for the Nov board. This will be my first time getting looked at and I’ll post my stats in case anyone wants to compare!

AGE: 24

TIS: Active Duty, 5 years

RANK: SGT

DEPLOYMENTS: 0

EDUCATION: 18 credits towards BA. Aeronautical science.

GT: 113

SIFT: 53

APFT: 271

NCOERs: HQ

LOR: O-3 x 2, O-4 X 1, O-5 X 1, CW5 X 1

PHYSICAL: Stamped

FLIGHT: None

WAIVERS: None

Currently in a distinguished unit that provides security to POTUS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Concept_2 said:

This will be my second look. I will be trying to add an additional LoR before the dead line. 

 

AGE:22

TIS:AD 3yr

RANK: SPC

WAIVERS: none

LOR: O-3 O-5 CW4 SO 

GT:116

SIFT:48 

APFT: 279

PHYSICAL: 1w stamped no waivers.

Try to think leadership. Try getting a LOR from past platoon leaders or company commanders to distinguish your career. And show that you have been squared away for the whole career 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This will be my third look, I applied back in 2018. Hopefully third time’s the charm.

AGE : 24

SERVICE : AD, MOS 68W, SGT - 4 yrs TIS

GT: 119

SIFT: 53

Flight: None

APFT/ACFT: 270/553

EDUCATION : 76 Credits, 2.88 GPA

PHYSICAL : Stamped no waivers

LOR : O-3, O-5, CW4 

AWARDS : ARCOM, AAM (6)

WAIVERS : None

 

Currently enrolled in ALC and just recently won BDE and DIV NCO of the quarter.

good luck, everyone!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 This will be my first look as well. For anyone who’s on their 2nd+ look please do not get discouraged and always seek ways to improve your packet.
I agree with Heloflyer21 we can only assume what board members are looking for in LORs etc. However, I personally would ensure the person you’re requesting LORs from is able to clearly articulate your achievements/competencies in a manner that tells why you may excel as a pilot or Warrant Officer. Good luck to everyone, I hope we are selected!!!

AGE: 26

TIS: Active Duty, 7 years

RANK: SSG

DEPLOYMENTS: 2

EDUCATION: Earned Associates degree. Currently working towards BA.   

GT: 113

SIFT: 55

APFT: 289

NCOERs: HQ x 4 

LOR: O-3 x 1, O-5 x 3, CW4 x 1, CW5 x 1

PHYSICAL: Stamped no waivers 

FLIGHT: None

WAIVERS: None

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2nd look, pending updates in appropriate section. 

 

AGE: 30

TIS: Active Duty, 10yrs+

RANK: SSG MOS 79R/Prior 11B

DEPLOYMENTS: 2

EDUCATION: 94 credits 3.0GPA

GT: 119

SIFT: 62

APFT: 291/556

NCOERs: HQx3 Qx3, 1,1x2(old system) (Adding MQ)

LOR: O-3 CO, O-5 BC, CW5 CCWO, O-10 AF retired, (Adding O-4 Army Aviator, E-8 11B Prior PLT Sergeant)

PHYSICAL: Stamped 1W no waivers

FLIGHT: None

WAIVERS: AFS ETP

 

Good luck to everyone, 1st and 2nd timers, and S2S as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/5/2021 at 5:19 PM, Poncho Liner said:

2nd look, pending updates in appropriate section. 

 

AGE: 30

TIS: Active Duty, 10yrs+

RANK: SSG MOS 79R/Prior 11B

DEPLOYMENTS: 2

EDUCATION: 94 credits 3.0GPA

GT: 119

SIFT: 62

APFT: 291/556

NCOERs: HQx3 Qx3, 1,1x2(old system) (Adding MQ)

LOR: O-3 CO, O-5 BC, CW5 CCWO, O-10 AF retired, (Adding O-4 Army Aviator, E-8 11B Prior PLT Sergeant)

PHYSICAL: Stamped 1W no waivers

FLIGHT: None

WAIVERS: AFS ETP

 

Good luck to everyone, 1st and 2nd timers, and S2S as well.

In my experience a Qualified NCOER/OER basically means "this guy is a turd but not so bad that we think he should get chaptered". Find a way in your resume to spin those poor NCOERs as learning experiences that helped shape you into a better NCO and leader as represented by your HQs and MQ. The rest of what you have going for you looks good so that might be the difference. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was a young infantryman salty about recruiting the first 2(not a real excuse, just the truth), the 3rd I was a top recruiter but didn’t get along with the toxic guy in charge. 

Got my NCOER today and it’s MQ. #1 as well. 
 

Thank you for the advice, I will definitely try to turn that negative evaluation in to a constructive experience.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/2/2021 at 6:58 AM, Bskr said:

This will be my third look, I applied back in 2018. Hopefully third time’s the charm.

 

AGE : 24

SERVICE : AD, MOS 68W, SGT - 4 yrs TIS

GT: 119

SIFT: 53

Flight: None

APFT/ACFT: 270/553

EDUCATION : 76 Credits, 2.88 GPA

PHYSICAL : Stamped no waivers

LOR : O-3, O-5, CW4 

AWARDS : ARCOM, AAM (6)

WAIVERS : None

 

Currently enrolled in ALC and just recently won BDE and DIV NCO of the quarter.

good luck, everyone!

You have solid stats, I'd guess third try should definitely do the trick. Good luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Lumin said:

You have solid stats, I'd guess third try should definitely do the trick. Good luck!

I appreciate that! It’s been 3 years of just thinking about this board as I tried to add some experience and boost my resume a bit. It’s safe to say I’m just a little anxious!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Bskr said:

I appreciate that! It’s been 3 years of just thinking about this board as I tried to add some experience and boost my resume a bit. It’s safe to say I’m just a little anxious!

Yeah I definitely was anxious too. Although looking through the forums here it seems like acceptance rates have been significantly higher than normal the last few boards. The May S2S board that I was selected on had an acceptance rate of about 66% so I'd say your odds are pretty good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Lumin said:

Yeah I definitely was anxious too. Although looking through the forums here it seems like acceptance rates have been significantly higher than normal the last few boards. The May S2S board that I was selected on had an acceptance rate of about 66% so I'd say your odds are pretty good. 

Fingers crossed the trend continues! Congratulations on getting selected! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...