Hello,

I am 23 and am finishing up my masters degree in homeland security studies at Sam Houston State University. I am in the process of completing my WOFT packet and am looking to make connections with active duty Army Aviators (CW3 or <) to possibly speak with and get help with letters of recommendation. I currently have 4 LOR (2 ret and 2 active) all aviators CW5 or Officer grade. I will attach a little about myself bellow.

Education: 

BS Criminal Justice 3.75 GPA Graduated with Honors

MS Homeland Security Studies 3.75 GPA

ASVAB/ SIFT:

AFQT: 86

GT: 126

SIFT: 64

Physical:

OPAT: Heavy

Flight Physical: Pending (scheduled not completed)

LOR: O5 (Ret), CW5 (Ret), CW5, CW5. All Aviators.

Thank you for your time.

17 hours ago, J522 said:

Hello,

I am 23 and am finishing up my masters degree in homeland security studies at Sam Houston State University. I am in the process of completing my WOFT packet and am looking to make connections with active duty Army Aviators (CW3 or <) to possibly speak with and get help with letters of recommendation. I currently have 4 LOR (2 ret and 2 active) all aviators CW5 or Officer grade. I will attach a little about myself bellow.

Education: 

ASVAB/ SIFT:

Physical:

Thank you for your time.

Good Luck with your package! 

I am/was street to seat as well, I got selected on the May board. Based off your stats, I think package is solid assuming your flight physical comes back okay even without a fifth LOR. 

Side note, if you have had any tickets with a fine over $100 make sure your recruiter gets started on your moral waiver. (this delayed my package by two boards) here is the link for more information - U.S. ARMY RECRUITING COMMAND > In-Service Opportunities > U.S. Army Warrant Officer Recruiting > When Do I Apply? > Civilian (WOFT) Applicants 

Once again, good luck!

23 hours ago, J522 said:

Hello,

Education: 

ASVAB/ SIFT:

Physical:

Thank you for your time.

I’m confused on why you need more LOR? You have two Active CW5s. You’re more than good on military LORs, instead find someone local who has known you your whole life and can attest to your knowledge and character. Two of those and that’s all you’ll need. You don’t want your packet full of LOR from people you have just met. 

13 hours ago, GM1 said:

I’m confused on why you need more LOR? You have two Active CW5s. You’re more than good on military LORs, instead find someone local who has known you your whole life and can attest to your knowledge and character. Two of those and that’s all you’ll need. You don’t want your packet full of LOR from people you have just met. 

My recruiter told me that the more aviators that I could get for LORs the better with the exception of being prominent members of community (police chief, politicians, ect.)

You definitely want to have someone who knows you well. Aviators are great but if you just met them the LOR won’t be filled with years of personality and character.  Someone who knows you will show a more complete picture of you, and is arguably a more reliable “witness” to your maturity, character, and abilities. 

• Like 2