41 on SIFT

Scored a 41 on SIFT a few months ago and I am about to drop my packet.

Prior service USMC, 2 bachelors degrees 

Solid LORs, former company commander (MAJ), former ops Chief (Mssgt), former Platoon SGT (Ssgt) CW4 Army Aviator, CW3 Aviator, Texas Congressman Tony Gonzalez (Prior Navy Mssgt). 

Despite all that… how screwed am I with my puny sift score?  Unable to retest due to technically “passing”. 

6 hours ago, SwissK31 said:

With how many people have withdrawn / gave up on their packets due to the ADSO, Rank Reset, etc. you'll probably have a higher chance.  

So far none of my crewchiefs have changed their mind about putting in a packet despite those changes. I have yet to see them have an effect on recruiting on the active duty side. 

On 10/16/2021 at 10:45 AM, Drew8803 said:

Solid LORs, former company commander (MAJ), former ops Chief (Mssgt), former Platoon SGT (Ssgt) CW4 Army Aviator, CW3 Aviator, Texas Congressman Tony Gonzalez (Prior Navy Mssgt). 

Despite all that… how screwed am I with my puny sift score?  Unable to retest due to technically “passing”. 

Like everyone else said, only way to know is to try. With your dual bachelors degrees and solid LORs I'd guess you have a decent shot. I was street to seat as well and the acceptance rate on the board I was selected on was about 66%. Good luck brother!

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2021 at 9:25 PM, Thedude said:

So far none of my crewchiefs have changed their mind about putting in a packet despite those changes. I have yet to see them have an effect on recruiting on the active duty side. 

We get it. Youre in love with the longer adso and pay decrease that dont effect you.

an increase in QOL will still attract people if its a 50% increase instead of a 75% increase. Will most army pilots take being an air force fighter pilot under the same conditions? Sure. Will the air force fighter pilot be pissed if this happened to them? You beat your ass. Have yet to see an effect on recruiting? Not really a good sample size. What has it been…2? 3 boards since this happened? Probably most of them already had their packets done well before this happened? There’s always someone willing to do the job for less. Any job. It takes poor leadership to be willing to screw their guys, and decrease morale to take advantage of that fact.

my opinion. Recruiting numbers will not go down. Like i said. There’s always someone willing to do the job for less. What will happen is the quality of candidate will go down. Good luck getting a degree holding candidate with flight experience to pick here vs another branch for less money and more time to give in return.

• Like 2

You seem to mistake my willingness to see both sides and give advice as not caring. It's shitty no matter how you look at it.

As for degrees - I have yet to see that make a difference in quality at all. I know mouth breathing untracked W3 PIs with degrees and tracked W2 PCs with half their time with nothing. 

On 10/16/2021 at 3:45 PM, Drew8803 said:

I made it! At Rucker now. Just make your packet as strong as you can elsewhere. Dont self select