JAN 2021 Board

Now that November board has concluded I thought I would make the next thread. My packet didn't make the November board on time so this will be my first look. Here are my stats...

TIS: Active Duty, 3 years

DEPLOYMENTS: 0

EDUCATION: High School graduate 3.1 GPA

GT: 119

SIFT: 61

APFT: 293

NCOERs: None

LOR: E-6, O-2, O-3, O-5, CW5

PHYSICAL: Stamped no waivers 

FLIGHT: None

WAIVERS: None

• Like 1

I'll join in. Mines with Propnent for review now. Should be plenty of time for Jan board.

TIS: Active Duty, 12 years

EDUCATION: Bachelors In Security Management 3.9GPa

GT: 118

SIFT: 66

APFT: 243

LOR: O4, O6, O5 AF Helo Pilot, CW4

PHYSICAL: Stamped, 1 Approved Waiver 

WAIVERS: AFS

• Like 1

2nd packet. FQNS 2020 June.

TIS: Active Duty, 9 years

ROTATIONS: Korea 24m, Germany 8m, Egypt 20m

EDUCATION: None

GT: 118

SIFT: 43

APFT/ACFT: 259/527

NCOERs: MQ (Latest), HQx3, Q (my first ever NCOER).

LOR: BN Commander, Commander, CW5,  CW4. Supplementary: 0-4, CW3.

WAIVERS: AFS / Medical approved.

DEPLOYMENTS: N/A

EDUCATION: high school 3.6 GPA + 1 1/2 years of community college 

GT:118

SIFT: 65

LOR: flight school owner/CW2 in nam, CFII, Major in marines, Major in marines, F-14 pilot in Air Force. 

PHYSICAL: stamped, no waivers. 

FLIGHT: PPL 

WAVIERS: none 

10 hours ago, Silas said:

LOR: flight school owner/CW2 in nam, CFII, Major in marines, Major in marines, F-14 pilot in Air Force. 

Looks like we're both going to be on CIV Board. Goodluck. 1 more LOR would've been better and a Senior Warrant would've been the best. You got good test Scores so hopefully your essay and resume are golden.

11 hours ago, CDaniels03 said:

Looks like we're both going to be on CIV Board. Goodluck. 1 more LOR would've been better and a Senior Warrant would've been the best. You got good test Scores so hopefully your essay and resume are golden.

All of my LOR are in aviation except one, and they know me very well. They all spent a long time making the LOR to make it refined, detailed, and personal. Good luck, blue skies. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/21/2021 at 7:23 PM, BornToBe153 said:

Now that November board has concluded I thought I would make the next thread. My packet didn't make the November board on time so this will be my first look. Here are my stats...

TIS: Active Duty, 3 years

EDUCATION: High School graduate 3.1 GPA

GT: 119

SIFT: 61

APFT: 293

NCOERs: None

LOR: E-6, O-2, O-3, O-5, CW5

PHYSICAL: Stamped no waivers 

WAIVERS: None

You really got a LOR from a E-6 and a lieutenant 😂😂 Do they meet the criteria for LORs as per the instructions? 

9 hours ago, Ragnar said:

You really got a LOR from a E-6 and a lieutenant 😂😂 Do they meet the criteria for LORs as per the instructions? 

Why make fun of that, the E6 very well could be his direct supervisor; and I would guess based on the line of ranks he got one from every officer in his chain of command. We always tell people to get QUALITY LOR’s, who better than the people who actually know you in the work environment. 

On 12/4/2021 at 12:53 AM, Silas said:

"F-14 pilot in Air Force. "

huh?

You're right, the CG has the F-14s with the 5 bladed rotor system. Top speed 135kts and not the Civil Air Patrol. CAP just acquired the new F-15EX fighter bomber with Mach 2 speed and nuclear delivery. Just what our future junior flyers need to train on.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2022 at 10:52 PM, Ragnar said:

seeing as how the E6 is sapper and ranger qualified he can speak being my old squad leader with competence and with a fairly high degree of credibility. so yes he wrote me a amazing LOR based on me as a person and not just what anyone on a board could see on paper.

• 1 month later...

My Recuiter just called me to tell me that I don't have to go in front of the board because, I have already gotten my private rotorcraft. All I have to do is wait 2 weeks to find out if the accept me. Is this a normal procedure? or is my Recuiter lying to me. 

1 hour ago, Silas said:

My Recuiter just called me to tell me that I don't have to go in front of the board because, I have already gotten my private rotorcraft. All I have to do is wait 2 weeks to find out if the accept me. Is this a normal procedure? or is my Recuiter lying to me. 

He may not be purposely lying but he is wrong. There is no board for anyone regardless of you having a pilot rating. 

33 minutes ago, Thedude said:

He may not be purposely lying but he is wrong. There is no board for anyone regardless of you having a pilot rating. 

Bummer, I was kinda excited to go in front of a board. 

19 hours ago, Silas said:

Bummer, I was kinda excited to go in front of a board. 

I think its state dependent, i was selected November for active duty, did the whole board interview stuff also have pilot ratings. ( New Jersey board)