I got an 86 on the SIFT

Which is really weird because I thought SIFT scores only went from 20-80. The computer screen showed me an 86 right when I finished the test, and the army liaison at MEPS confirmed this score for me a little later. My recruiter also saw the score was 86 from his side of things. I know I did good on the test, I've been studying for this thing for over 4 months and felt like I nailed most of it (the math section was harder than I thought it would be, and I had to guess on the last 15 hidden figures questions).

Has anybody seen something like this happen before? The test proctor didn't have much to say to me other than "congratulations, you passed," and my recruiter has no idea either. I hope I don't have to retake the SIFT but I feel like people would start asking questions if I were to submit a score outside the range of possible scores. Is there anybody I should reach out to about the validity of this score?

Thank you guys, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Update: My recruiter reached out to BN OPS which got in touch with the testing center. The testing center stood behind the score, so I guess I actually have an 86. I've asked him if he could verify the max SIFT score with BN OPS, but honestly I'm not sure if hes going to, it was like pulling teeth even getting him to verify the score.

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2022 at 12:29 PM, Magwitch said:

Which is really weird because I thought SIFT scores only went from 20-80. The computer screen showed me an 86 right when I finished the test, and the army liaison at MEPS confirmed this score for me a little later. My recruiter also saw the score was 86 from his side of things. I know I did good on the test, I've been studying for this thing for over 4 months and felt like I nailed most of it (the math section was harder than I thought it would be, and I had to guess on the last 15 hidden figures questions).

Has anybody seen something like this happen before? The test proctor didn't have much to say to me other than "congratulations, you passed," and my recruiter has no idea either. I hope I don't have to retake the SIFT but I feel like people would start asking questions if I were to submit a score outside the range of possible scores. Is there anybody I should reach out to about the validity of this score?

Thank you guys, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Are you also a janitor who solves complex mathematical equations while working the janitorial night shift at a prestigious college in the north east?  Congrats on the extra credit. The CIA should be calling any day now.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Well I finally got my packet submitted and was accepted on the most recent board! I guess there is a way to get above an 80, glitch or not, and they seemed to accept that score the whole way through the process.

Big thanks to everybody on this board asking and answering questions, this place has been an awesome resource to have going through the application process.