Any references for World Aircraft Connection Inc in Florida?

chriso

Has anyone had (or know of anyone who has) dealings with World Aircraft Connections out of Williston Florida? They re-furbish jetrangers and the pics show some pretty nice worksmanship. Anyone know of their thoroughness with paperwork, timeliness, customer service etc? Thanks, Chris

World Aircraft Connection is owned by Richard Naylor and his son Chris. This can be found under MyFlorida.com under corporations. Both Richard and his son are using alias names, Richard Patrick and Chris Todd.

Helicopter company owner denies bilking customers

In an interview in jail, he says he was in over his head but never set fire to his business to resolve financial problems.

By WILLIAM R. LEVESQUE, Times Staff Writer

St. Petersburg Times

published January 2, 2002

LARGO -- Richard Naylor says he was an honest businessman who doesn't drink to excess, do drugs or cheat his business partners.

"I have a perfect record," he said in a recent interview. "I don't even have a speeding ticket in the last 15 years. How come at 53 years old I decided to become a crook?"

But Naylor said he is no crook, notwithstanding a grand theft conviction in 2000.

Statewide prosecutors portray Naylor as the scheming owner of a Clearwater helicopter company who stole $5.5-million from up to 27 customers and investors he promised newly refurbished helicopters that he never delivered.

Once the scheme began collapsing, they say, a desperate Naylor, who is now 55, set fire to his business, Thunderbird Helicopter Service.

Court documents make clear that Naylor's former secretary, Tina Price, will testify against him at a trial later this year. She told prosecutors that Naylor confessed to her that he had started the fire.

Price, 39, has pleaded guilty to charges that she participated in a scheme to bilk customers of Naylor's company. She has not been sentenced.

In his first interview since prosecutors filed 58 charges against him earlier this year, Naylor said from the Pinellas County Jail that he is innocent of accusations against him and that, if anything, he was simply a businessman in over his head.

Naylor, a helicopter pilot and Vietnam veteran who worked as a crop-duster in the 1970s, said he had no insurance on his business and the six helicopters destroyed in the fire, and made no money from the blaze.

"What did I gain?" he said. "I lost my retirement in that fire. It's everything. I lost it all. . . . If I was going to set the fire, I'm smart enough to be out of town, insure the place for $2-million and hire someone to do it for me."

Statewide prosecutors handling the case did not return calls for comment. Pinellas sheriff's investigators have previously said that Naylor, facing increasing pressure from investors who were demanding their money, set the June 1998 fire that destroyed much of his business. They said he did so after moving out aircraft parts that might prove valuable.

Naylor denied the allegations and said he would simply have declared bankruptcy.

"Bankruptcy would have put everybody on hold," Naylor said. "I didn't do that. Once they clamped down on me, everybody lost their money because I was out of business."

Prosecutors allege that Naylor lived an extravagant lifestyle with the money he obtained, traveling to Las Vegas to gamble. He maintained a Georgia property for a girlfriend, investigators say.

The woman, Jamee R. Hutchinson, 32, told investigators that she became a "kept woman" after she began dating Naylor. Starting in 1992, she said, Naylor began paying $1,000 a month for her living expenses.

Hutchinson told investigators that she knew Naylor was never going to leave his wife for her. So she decided "she would get whatever she could get out of him financially," an investigative report said.

She said he lavished gifts on her that included expensive jewelry, trips and furniture.

Naylor denied living the lavish life portrayed by prosecutors. But he does not deny that he enjoyed the company of women whom he might have helped financially, though not to excess.

"You do it because you want sex," he said, saying he often spent money to help friends. "If you really had a problem, I'd help you. If that makes me a bad guy, then I'm sorry."

Naylor faces numerous charges, from organized fraud to racketeering and grand theft. Others also have been charged in the alleged scheme, including his son, Todd Naylor, who the elder Naylor says had little to do with the business.

Even if Richard Naylor is acquitted at a trial -- no date is set -- Naylor won't win his freedom.

In late 2000, Naylor was convicted of grand theft in Georgia after taking $125,000 for a helicopter that he never delivered. He is appealing the conviction.

That Georgia case, and the Florida charges against him, are miscast in criminal court, Naylor said. If business deals go bad, he said, then his customers can sue him.

"They say that I defrauded all these people out of their money," Naylor said. "I've got 50 happy customers. And I have a list."

Businessman pleads no contest to charges

By CHRIS TISCH, Times Staff Writer

Published November 9, 2005

LARGO - A man accused of torching his Clearwater helicopter business in 1998 after he was suspected of scamming more than $5-million from customers and investors has pleaded no contest to 19 criminal charges.

Richard P. Naylor, 59, pleaded no contest Oct. 28 to 19 criminal counts, including arson, racketeering, forgery and grand theft. Naylor, who is out of jail on $100,000 bail, faces a sentencing date in April.

Naylor faces a minimum of 11 years in prison and a maximum 135-year sentence, according to the state Attorney General's Office, which is prosecuting Naylor. He also faces up to $180,000 in fines.

Naylor's attorney could not be reached Tuesday.

Authorities said Naylor owned Thunderbird Helicopter Service in Clearwater in the 1990s when he stole $5.5-million from up to 27 customers and investors. Naylor had promised them newly refurbished helicopters that he never delivered, investigators said. Once the scheme began collapsing, Naylor set fire to his business, authorities said.

In a 2002 interview with the St. Petersburg Times, Naylor said he was innocent. He claimed to be a businessman who just got in over his head. Prosecutors said Naylor lived an extravagant lifestyle with the stolen money. He traveled to Las Vegas to gamble and kept a Georgia property for a girlfriend, they said.

If you are to visit his shop, take note: You will see alot of nice airframes ( including a newly painted 1996 206-B3, fire red with gold trim) but as I was informed you will see no major componenets like engines, transmissons, etc. or any laying around for that matter. I guess they're ALL out for overhaul?????????? Also check the aircraft registration and see how many other NEW OWNERS it has just aquired.<_<

Has anyone had (or know of anyone who has) dealings with World Aircraft Connections out of Williston Florida? They re-furbish jetrangers and the pics show some pretty nice worksmanship. Anyone know of their thoroughness with paperwork, timeliness, customer service etc? Thanks, Chris

I personally have had dealings with this guy, and you don't want to go ANYWHERE near him. Him and his kid. I got involved in one of those pristine Jet Rangers, ended up flying to Clearwater and having our Jet Ranger trucked out. I went with the son, Todd, to their grandfathers house to dig through boxes, trying to find our logbooks. They had BOXES and BOXES of logbooks, data plates AND component data tags from crashed/destroyed helicopters and airplanes in the garage. What else would you want that stuff for unless you were going to change tags on components? That guy will kill you with his junk. And he will look you in the face and tell you the greatest story. If you are reading this Richard, I hope you spend your days with Bubba, bent over a bed. You deserve WAY more than you are getting. There was another guy there that paid for a OH-58 and never got it or his money.

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know if the son (Chris) is the same person as Casey? Someone named Casey bought a $10,000 plasma monitor from me, and returned it as DOA. It was stripped of internal components, obviously opened/salvaged, and worthless. He claims he is an ordained minister (didn't say of what) and a Notary Public for the State of Fla. If he is telling the truth, he probably isn't the son (unless he wasn't convicted because he wouldn't be able to become a notary).

Any additional info on any of them would be helpful.

Guest pokey

That wouldnt happen to be the same helicopter rebuilder/parts sale place that is currently in Williston airport?! is it?! i am in process of buying blades from them, not got the paperwork to my liking yet, so no $$ handed over yet.

I found the ad on: barnstormers.com ( its a great aviation buy/sell site)

Yes I do know of someone who has dealt with them, and please, please, please do your research or you may be sorry. I don't want to get into details, but start your research first by talking to the local sherrifs dept. and feel free to post your findings.

Does anyone know if the son (Chris) is the same person as Casey? Someone named Casey bought a $10,000 plasma monitor from me, and returned it as DOA. It was stripped of internal components, obviously opened/salvaged, and worthless. He claims he is an ordained minister (didn't say of what) and a Notary Public for the State of Fla. If he is telling the truth, he probably isn't the son (unless he wasn't convicted because he wouldn't be able to become a notary).

That wouldnt happen to be the same helicopter rebuilder/parts sale place that is currently in Williston airport?! is it?! i am in process of buying blades from them, not got the paperwork to my liking yet, so no $$ handed over yet.

YES, they are in Williston.

Guest pokey

What was the address you sent your plasma screen to? I have found they have or had multiple addresses & i suspect thay are all the same people. I found an address in clearwater, gainsville, one on 20 st in williston and one on 19th street too. Also the guy i been trying to buy these blades from seems "kind of shady". I will keep you posted on how it goes & if he goes by "casey". I know for a fact that Christopher Taylor does not exist ( well NOT the one i am dealing with).

This kind of stuff really pisses me off ! AND i WILL get to the bottom of it ! ( this helicopter business is a small group & word gets araound fast about rip-offs, crooks & shady characters)

Does anyone know for a fact that: thunderbird helicopters=world aircraft connections=aviation assistance international ??

Guest pokey

$125,000 ? for what? a deposit on one of those 500's or 206's ? I wouldnt hand over any $$, till you see the finished product AND have it inspected by a reputable mechanic. I'm still trying to get to the bottom of this too, as he says he has 2 sets of blades that i would like to buy. ( but i will go to Florida and pick up these blades & bring the cash w/ me & hand it over IF i like what i see)

email me for further info/updates

One in the same. Visited their site last week to complete preliminary inspection. They have several hangars, saw 12 choppers in various stages of maintenance, spoke to some of the maintenance personnel.

Came back and did a little research, found some interesting articles which lead me to do more research on registered corporations...found at least 4 companies several of which are named in this thread. Go to sunbiz.org and search by Corporations, Trademarks...Name.

If you are purchasing aircraft and or parts it is always a good idea to have a qualified consultant do a pre-buy inspection for you. A couple of $$ invested up front could save you thousands.

Guest pokey
If you are purchasing aircraft and or parts it is always a good idea to have a qualified consultant do a pre-buy inspection for you. A couple of $$ invested up front could save you thousands.

AND?!?! ? ! ? ! ,, , , , ,, , DO the research on your "source"

I am curious tho, i have talked to Chris numerous times on the phone & he told me he was the "only one there, & he does "everything" ",,,,, seems too busy to be bothered w/ a "scheduled visitor" ( i am in Nj & he in Fla) i seen he has ads for mechanics too posted. Were these mechanics you spoke to knowledgeable?

( i have already formed my own opinion of these ppls & know they dont have the parts in their hangar that they claim to have for sale)

AND?!?! ? ! ? ! ,, , , , ,, , DO the research on your "source"

I am curious tho, i have talked to Chris numerous times on the phone & he told me he was the "only one there, & he does "everything" ",,,,, seems too busy to be bothered w/ a "scheduled visitor" ( i am in Nj & he in Fla) i seen he has ads for mechanics too posted. Were these mechanics you spoke to knowledgeable?

( i have already formed my own opinion of these ppls & know they dont have the parts in their hangar that they claim to have for sale)

I don't understand your reply. Do what research on what source? Anyhow, best of luck in your transaction.

Guest pokey
I don't understand your reply. Do what research on what source? Anyhow, best of luck in your transaction.

i meant the source of the "parts supplier" ( WAC/ aviation assistance int'l)

I am not going to have any "transaction" w/ these ppls,,,, i was maybe- but not now ! they dont have the blades i was trying to buy,,,, ((but advertised them for sale)) ------ ( research)

I am still curious of to who you spoke with in Williston & how many "maintenance personal" that you did meet?

• 2 weeks later...
i meant the source of the "parts supplier" ( WAC/ aviation assistance int'l)

I am not going to have any "transaction" w/ these ppls,,,, i was maybe- but not now ! they dont have the blades i was trying to buy,,,, ((but advertised them for sale)) ------ ( research)

I am still curious of to who you spoke with in Williston & how many "maintenance personal" that you did meet?

Guest pokey

YES xgression, there IS a casey ! I found this on just helicopters:

This Job was posted on : 7/13/2006

Position For : Mechanic

Company : World Aircraft Connection, Inc.

Job Location : Florida

Contact Person : Patrick/Casey

Phone : 888-780-8271

Fax : 352-529-0187

Email : jobs@worldaircraftonline.com

Job Description:

Experienced 206 Jet Ranger / Long Ranger and Hughes / MD 500 Mechanic wanted now. Good working conditions, pay according to experience. Also looking for mechanics with wiring experience. Location near Gainesville, FL.

http://www.justhelicopters.com/Employment/...nic&id=1884

Be very careful with these people, a friend of mine was scamed and paid full price for an OH-6 which he never got. As a result, Nayler got convicted and spent 2 years in a Georgia jail; and has recently returned to Florida. From reading the posts on this thread, it sounds like it could be the same people and they may be back to conduct business as usual! Let's hope that these people are not the Naylers.

World Aircraft Connection ( WAC )

The articles and facts speak for themselves.

* Articles about the owner of WAC

* Our personal experience with WAC - 2006 Experience

Want more information about the owner of WAC?

Go to web pages:

http://www.willistonpioneer.com/articles/2...news/news04.txt

"Investigators said the warrant covers World Aircraft Connections Inc. and its owner, Richard Patrick Naylor . Connolly said police are looking for evidence of fraud and for aircraft parts, among other things. In addition to Williston Police, representatives from the Levy County Sheriff's Office, Florida Department of Transportation, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the Federal Aviation Administration and the Department of Defense were at the airport assisting in and conducting the investigation."

http://www.sptimes.com/News/040601/NorthPi...owner_fac.shtml

2006 Dealings with WAC – Supposed refurbish of Enstrom 280FX Serial Number 2010 – money taken - nothing delivered / money not returned.

May 9 - WAC receives funds to refurbish the specific damaged helicopter - delivery to be in 30 days – money paid up front to fund refurbishment - SB's and Required inspections are in the agreement

June 6 - WAC still hasn't sent parts for inspection or found replacement parts

June 19 - Major components finally arrive at Enstrom for inspection/overhaul - Enstrom had to request information about the accident after we told Enstrom about the accident

July 19 - WAC has still not replied to Enstrom on what to inspect/overhaul nor pay deposit

· WAC ignores more than a dozen phone/email requests for info and est. completion date

· 2 trips to Williston were friendly but no progress

· Never an indication of other replacement parts – M/R, T/R

· Never an estimate on completion time or any component completion

· No component cards for head, M/R gearbox, T/R gearbox causing Enstrom to treat the helicopter as a “Crash” aircraft

July 24 – WAC ignores demand for refund or delivery of helicopter

The entire time WAC continues to advertise the helicopter for sale on their website.

Helicopter crashed in fresh water lake. Damage to bottom of aircraft from impact (stiffeners popped off skin AND skin bent in). Tail rotor blade bent. Main Rotor blades bent sheet metal “ridges”.

Blades, Head, Mast, M/R Gear Box. Ridges in sheet metal just behind the spar on all 3 main rotor blades running the length of all 3 the blades (we have clear pictures). Enstrom claims that is a classic indication of main rotors impacting water. WAC NOW claims that the helicopter settled into the water but there was NO blade strike – thus not requiring the main rotor head to be overhauled. Enstrom disagrees and says that there was a main rotor strike THEREFORE the REQUIRED inspections shown in Section 3 Paragraphs C&D of the FAA approved maintenance manual.

********************************************************************************

Owner even had friendly conversations of making me an "agent" to sell helicopter deals and find helicopters for WAC to refurbish. NOTHING materialized.

********************************************************************************