Another SSH Thread

I don't have personal experience with SSH. What I do have is a point of view and something to think about. SSH leases a heck of a lot of helicopters and from what I have read most crashed were not being operated at the school. I may be incorrect here but just look into it before placing blame and please don't just take someones word unless you know them personally, people are pretty vendictive.

I agree.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Jerry is opening another school in Salem ,Or. The seminar will be held around the 8th of march not sure where yet. I 'll be there to ask a few questions, it ought to to be a real hoot. When I get more info I'll post it for those interested. :D

Oregon does not have a two-party consent law for recording speeches and conversations, so that is what I suggest you do. As of yet, I am not sure if there is a legal recording of one of his "sales pitches". He may not explicitly/directly lie, but he sure does misrepresent, which is against the law and accounts for fraud. If you make a scene by asking questions aloud, they will probably have the authority and enforcement to throw you out right away.

Don't waste your time. I thought it would be interesting to go to the seminar in Houston but it was boring as hell. There is nothing worth recording. It's just Jerry blabing about how great he has it and how you have to be an outstanding individual to come to his school. I just liked the free water in the cool SSH bottles.

well how else do you expect him to keep from reaching the pinnacle of the pyramid? Answer: Make the pyramid bigger! He knows the moment he stops expanding, he is f'ed.

Of course as we all know, the bigger they are, the harder they fall.

yeah I know ,it just makes me sick!

Is there any advantage over getting flight training in a R22 and a R44 over a Schweizer 300? Would training in the Robbies be better when it comes time to look for a job or the Schweizer?

JDL

Not sure if you meant to post here but the question has been asked a number of times. For a comprehensive answer, try searching the forums. It seems to boil down to what you want to do with your training - if it's to instruct and build hours, fly in both. If you only have a choice of one or the other and want to instruct, go the R22, apparently there are loads more jobs out there for R22 instructors...

Is there any advantage over getting flight training in a R22 and a R44 over a Schweizer 300? Would training in the Robbies be better when it comes time to look for a job or the Schweizer?

Well most schools out there use the r-22,so i would say yes.There are also many schools using schweizer though.The r-22 is just cheaper to train in so it's used more. having both 22 and 44 time would be a big plus also 22 and schweizer would also be a big plus when it comes time for a cfi job.In my opinion train in the 22 then get some time in the schweizer or 44 during your commercial training. Bottom line if you have time in two different helis you will greatly increase your chances of getting hired over someone with all their time in one machine. Some might argue this matter.

Its a matter of basically picking schools for flight training. One school uses the R22 and the R44 and is in a better location for me. The other school uses the Schweizer 300 and is in the middle of the city, so not such a good location. Not sure which school to pick. Was just wondering which one would give me a better chance of getting a job when im done with flight training. Thanks for the replys.

Its a matter of basically picking schools for flight training. One school uses the R22 and the R44 and is in a better location for me. The other school uses the Schweizer 300 and is in the middle of the city, so not such a good location. Not sure which school to pick. Was just wondering which one would give me a better chance of getting a job when im done with flight training. Thanks for the replys.

Now this is easy to answer...

As there is only 3 schools here in Vegas.

1. SSH and I really doubt that you want to go there - that's a given

2. Leading Edge in Boulder City, whom uses the R-22. - Now with this school having switched hands lately and not exactly "busy", you may or not be flying there long, if they don't get some business. - According to the Boulder City Aiport, which you can call yourself, is NOT very busy flying. Maybe why it recently was sold and a new owner has it. ????

3. First Flight Aviation, has been open for MANY YEARS, and is not going anywhere. Matter of fact, FFA is expanding and will be going to Boulder City Aiport starting March 1st. - And then expanding to Henderson once the new hangers are built in late summer.

I have a feeling with #2's slow business and #3 moving into Boulder, that #2 will not be there long.

Now FFA is thus far only bringing some airplanes into boulder, but it will not be long until they bring at least one helicopter down there, as interest grows - and it will...

So I guess you have some decisons to make.

One thing I can say, is that you can not even SOLO an R-22 until you have AT LEAST 20HRS... With the Schweizer you could solo a lot sooner...

Also if you wanted to do your Private thru CFI, you are 100% more likely to get a job with First Flight or one of the school that we work with...

This is why... Their is a Schweizer authorized deal on our field. - We do a lot of stuff for them. - They have a lot of contacts with other schools using Schweizers - hint a job here.

Again. you have some thinking to do....

Good Luck

SSH, submitted my loan after I had told them in writing that I would not be attending there school before the loan was submitted. They made me take extra caution when they refused to give me back my promossory note. I faxed (I have a reciept for it), emailed (in my sent box), and called (in my cellphone records) the loan company and told them not to accept a loan from them... well guess what- they ran the loan anyway.. and it got approved and the school has 23,300 I have not got back yet. It has been one month. If they do not have this squared away in two weeks I will involve the DA, will write Fox News, will write my local paper, will write congress, will write the VA tell them how they treated this veteran (hopefully they will loose VA approval) and will fully sue their but to kingdom come.

That is a true story.. and I have documented proof. I will remove post once this situation is resolved, but I am so mad I cant see strait.

SSH, submitted my loan after I had told them in writing that I would not be attending there school before the loan was submitted. They made me take extra caution when they refused to give me back my promossory note. I faxed (I have a reciept for it), emailed (in my sent box), and called (in my cellphone records) the loan company and told them not to accept a loan from them... well guess what- they ran the loan anyway.. and it got approved and the school has 23,300 I have not got back yet. It has been one month. If they do not have this squared away in two weeks I will involve the DA, will write Fox News, will write my local paper, will write congress, will write the VA tell them how they treated this veteran (hopefully they will loose VA approval) and will fully sue their but to kingdom come.

That is a true story.. and I have documented proof. I will remove post once this situation is resolved, but I am so mad I cant see strait.

SSH flight school does not have any sort of VA approval. i would like to know exactly how you were made to think they were, as I do believe you were probably intentionally mislead about it, as so many others were are still are. If you have seen some of my other SSH posts you will know most of the story about the SSH/veterans benefits (MGIB) scam. I think that's real BS that you got that much money taken and hadnt even been in a class room. Im sure there are circumstances surrounding your situation that initiated all this, but the practical matter of it is that they have not made the "good faith" attempt to get your money back to the bank. In its various forms and circumstances this has happened to literally dozens of people so far, including myself. So that it wont be a huge legal burden on you in the coming months and years, you need to get in on the class action suit. email sshclassaction@hotmail.com for the scoop. Dont count on your situation to be resolved without legal action. So if you get some kind of BS documents from Chassity Maley at SSH promising all or portions of your money back in 90 or whatever days, dont put up with it. You are legally entitled all your money plus any interest accrued within 30 days of finding the error and reporting it, especially since you cancelled your contract well before services were scheduled to take place. And in your case without accepting any contracted services, since the 30 days has already past I am pretty sure you would further be entitled a civil penalty of significantly more than what was owed. You should start looking in the UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) about cancelling contractual services as this is what a judge will go by when rendering entitlement.

Sounds like a typical SSH procedure. Document EVERYTHING and hire yourself an attorney. Each day you wait costs you about $6 in interest and meanwhile, they are earning interest on YOUR money in their account.

SSH flight school does not have any sort of VA approval. i would like to know exactly how you were made to think they were, as I do believe you were probably intentionally mislead about it, as so many others were are still are. If you have seen some of my other SSH posts you will know most of the story about the SSH/veterans benefits (MGIB) scam. I think that's real BS that you got that much money taken and hadnt even been in a class room. Im sure there are circumstances surrounding your situation that initiated all this, but the practical matter of it is that they have not made the "good faith" attempt to get your money back to the bank. In its various forms and circumstances this has happened to literally dozens of people so far, including myself. So that it wont be a huge legal burden on you in the coming months and years, you need to get in on the class action suit. email sshclassaction@hotmail.com for the scoop. Dont count on your situation to be resolved without legal action. So if you get some kind of BS documents from Chassity Maley at SSH promising all or portions of your money back in 90 or whatever days, dont put up with it. You are legally entitled all your money plus any interest accrued within 30 days of finding the error and reporting it, especially since you cancelled your contract well before services were scheduled to take place. And in your case without accepting any contracted services, since the 30 days has already past I am pretty sure you would further be entitled a civil penalty of significantly more than what was owed. You should start looking in the UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) about cancelling contractual services as this is what a judge will go by when rendering entitlement.

Yes, it was Chassity who said she had it handled, but until I recieve a letter from the loan company I will not be consoled. I have reported both companies to BBB, but will take it further as needed. I have contacted the email you suggested, but to tell you the truth- this whole situation leaves me with little to trust. As far as my situation.. school started (or the "indoc") on the 8th of Feb and the actual class on the 15th of Feb.. I notified the school in writing (hand writen in person- I do have a copy) on the 1st of Feb.. a whole week before any sort of training started, and before they subitted the loan.. it was not approved till the 8th and not distributed till the 10th.. they would not give me my promossory note on the 1st so I faxed, called, and emailed Student Loan Xpress on the 1st of Feb as well. The loan company is denying it, but I have a fax comformation to show it took. Also, I have phone records to show that both companies were contacted. I consider this full blown (uncontested) fraud. I will do as I said I would in the post above. In the mean time Im recording every conversation I have with these criminals. I believe the school and the loan company work together in this. They ran it through liberty bank so I will be sending the bank a copy of all my documentation and reporting it as fraud. AND YES THEY DID LEAD ME TO BELIEVE THEY ARE VA APPROVED AND I WILL TESTIFY TO IT IN A COURT OF LAW.

IF I WERE YOU, I WOULD CONTACT FOX NEWS...

YOU WILL PROBABLY GET A LOT FURTHER AND I WOULD ALSO ADVISE YOUR LOCAL DA AND TELL THEM WHAT HAPPEND AND THAT YOUR GOING TO THE NEWS...

THEY WILL LOOK STUPID (DA) IF YOU TELL THEM, THAT YOU WILL ADVISE FOX NEWS THAT THEY DID NOT WANT TO HELP YOU.

I WOULD HAVE ALL OF YOUR DUCKS IN A ROW... LIKE ACTUAL CASES FROM OTHER STUDENTS OF FRAUD AND MISREP. AND THE LIKE.

GOOD LUCK... I AM WILLING TO BET THE NEWS GET'S YOU RESULTS... I WOULD CONTACT ALL OF YOUR LOCAL STATIONS... GET COPY OF COMPLAINTS FROM YOUR BBB AND SEE WHO ELSE HAS OR IS TRYING TO SUE THEM, YOU CAN CHECK THAT ON LINE WITH YOUR CITY COURTS...

TAKE ALL THAT TO THE NEWS... GOOD LUCK BROTHER

Yes, it was Chassity who said she had it handled, but until I recieve a letter from the loan company I will not be consoled. I have reported both companies to BBB, but will take it further as needed. I have contacted the email you suggested, but to tell you the truth- this whole situation leaves me with little to trust. As far as my situation.. school started (or the "indoc") on the 8th of Feb and the actual class on the 15th of Feb.. I notified the school in writing (hand writen in person- I do have a copy) on the 1st of Feb.. a whole week before any sort of training started, and before they subitted the loan.. it was not approved till the 8th and not distributed till the 10th.. they would not give me my promossory note on the 1st so I faxed, called, and emailed Student Loan Xpress on the 1st of Feb as well. The loan company is denying it, but I have a fax comformation to show it took. Also, I have phone records to show that both companies were contacted. I consider this full blown (uncontested) fraud. I will do as I said I would in the post above. In the mean time Im recording every conversation I have with these criminals. I believe the school and the loan company work together in this. They ran it through liberty bank so I will be sending the bank a copy of all my documentation and reporting it as fraud. AND YES THEY DID LEAD ME TO BELIEVE THEY ARE VA APPROVED AND I WILL TESTIFY TO IT IN A COURT OF LAW.

AZwolf,

I am also in Arizona and am having similar problems with SSH. I was going to start with SSH on Feb. 8, but wized up and dropped one week before the class started. My loan was disbursed on Feb 1, and i was told by Chastity that a check was cut to return the $23,300 to the lender on Feb 15. I just spoke with the bank today, and they said they have not received the money. I spoke to Chastity and she says that the check was cut on Feb 16, and it cleared the bank on Feb. 23. I then called the bank back, and they said that the check was received, but for some reason i still have a balance of $23,700+. I am actually still on the phone (waiting on hold) trying to figure out what is going on. Something is definatly not right about how things are run with both of these company's. I just thought i would get it out there that you are not the only one here in AZ, (Mesa?) who is having trouble with this. Let me know if you have any ideas.

AZwolf,

I am also in Arizona and am having similar problems with SSH. I was going to start with SSH on Feb. 8, but wized up and dropped one week before the class started. My loan was disbursed on Feb 1, and i was told by Chastity that a check was cut to return the $23,300 to the lender on Feb 15. I just spoke with the bank today, and they said they have not received the money. I spoke to Chastity and she says that the check was cut on Feb 16, and it cleared the bank on Feb. 23. I then called the bank back, and they said that the check was received, but for some reason i still have a balance of $23,700+. I am actually still on the phone (waiting on hold) trying to figure out what is going on. Something is definatly not right about how things are run with both of these company's. I just thought i would get it out there that you are not the only one here in AZ, (Mesa?) who is having trouble with this. Let me know if you have any ideas.

keep us updated from what you find out today.

keep us updated from what you find out today.

I definately will. I actually got chastity to fax me a copy of the check she says they sent, and she did. You can imagine my surprise. It looks like a copy of their online bank statement. I am still on hold with the bank to find out why i have a $23,700+ balance on my account when the entire amount of my loan was returned. This is all BS!

I definately will. I actually got chastity to fax me a copy of the check she says they sent, and she did. You can imagine my surprise. It looks like a copy of their online bank statement. I am still on hold with the bank to find out why i have a $23,700+ balance on my account when the entire amount of my loan was returned. This is all BS!

I bet you the bank is on the phone with Chassity right now as you are on hold, them trying to figure out another way they can swindle you, because obviously the phantom check scheme isnt working!

I bet you the bank is on the phone with Chassity right now as you are on hold, them trying to figure out another way they can swindle you, because obviously the phantom check scheme isnt working!

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if that were the case. I finally got through to someone and have somewhat of an answer. I was told that the check was received, but hadn't posted to my account yet. That is why I have a $23,700+ balance ($23,300 loan, and $400+ fees). They said that it could take another 2 weeks for the money to post to my account. I called BS on this. There is no way it should take 2 weeks, (or rather 3-4 weeks considering the check cleared on Feb. 23) for a check that was originally sent by them to be posted to any account. They assured me that when it was posted I would be clear of any financial obligation. The fees that have accrued would be forgiven because the check came back to them from the school, and not me. I tried to get something in writing via fax or email, but the person i spoke with said they are unable to do that. She said i would receive something in the mail stating that i am free of any obligation, but not until the money post to my account. She told me i could call tomorrow to talk with her supervisor to see what she can do. I will definatly call tomorrow. So, it seems that progress is being made, but it isn't finished yet. Anything that is told to me by anyone dealing with SSH, I am reluctant to trusting. I'll keep you posted

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if that were the case. I finally got through to someone and have somewhat of an answer. I was told that the check was received, but hadn't posted to my account yet. That is why I have a $23,700+ balance ($23,300 loan, and $400+ fees). They said that it could take another 2 weeks for the money to post to my account. I called BS on this. There is no way it should take 2 weeks, (or rather 3-4 weeks considering the check cleared on Feb. 23) for a check that was originally sent by them to be posted to any account. They assured me that when it was posted I would be clear of any financial obligation. The fees that have accrued would be forgiven because the check came back to them from the school, and not me. I tried to get something in writing via fax or email, but the person i spoke with said they are unable to do that. She said i would receive something in the mail stating that i am free of any obligation, but not until the money post to my account. She told me i could call tomorrow to talk with her supervisor to see what she can do. I will definatly call tomorrow. So, it seems that progress is being made, but it isn't finished yet. Anything that is told to me by anyone dealing with SSH, I am reluctant to trusting. I'll keep you posted

Ive heard that story a dozen times. The infamously magic "2 week" limitation on posting funds. Youll call back tomorrow and they will tell you "two weeks". you will call back in two weeks and they will tell you "two weeks". maybe another 6 months of this and you will have your money back (AFTER the SSH/banking partnership has made a grand or two of interest off your money in whatever third party account they have your money in)....to be continued....

Ive heard that story a dozen times. The infamously magic "2 week" limitation on posting funds. Youll call back tomorrow and they will tell you "two weeks". you will call back in two weeks and they will tell you "two weeks". maybe another 6 months of this and you will have your money back (AFTER the SSH/banking partnership has made a grand or two of interest off your money in whatever third party account they have your money in)....to be continued....

Oops did I say third party??? I may have meant 4th...or even 5th party....