Does anybody Know the loan Limits for Sallie Mae? I have about 8K Saved up to Start flight School. If I Figure about 65K total for 0-CFII. With Excellent Credit and a Cosigner Will Sallie Mae loan me the difference $57,000? I dont think it will take more than 65K but I want to be conservative so that I dont have to stop in the middle.

from what sallie mae told me, they WILL NOT loan more than 30 k at a time for a cosigner regardless of credit. i had to have my parents split it, 30 and 30. they said nothing agaisnt the credit but it is just thier procedure. sallie mae has its issues with people not having their heads on straight and you have to constantly call them to make sure they are doing their job to process your info, but aside from that i had no issues with getting money from them.

Thx for all the Replies, The part about 30K now and 30K later is what someone else told me also. I was just worried that I would get the first 30K and then be possibly denied at the second 30K. I think I will be fine then.

Also Look into Nelie-mae. They seem to focus on Training loans more. I'm credit approved for $45K right now. For what it's worth I was told that Salie-Mae does not consider the loan amount in their decsion. When I was denied $50K I was told that the amount was not a factor and had the loan been for $5000, I still would not have gotten it.

Does anyone know how early I can apply for Fin. Aid for flight training? I'm not planning on going anywhere until next year, but if I don't get Fin. Aid then I'm going to have to try to figure something else out. I was wondering if I was able to apply now to make sure I'm approved, and then go to school in at least a year. Thanks so much!

• 1 year later...