anyone hear anything about these two?

I haven't seen any reviews on two of the three schools i have studied. One is Civic helicopters: http://www.civichelicopters.com/index.htm and the other one that i am really leaning towards is Brazos in Texas: http://www.hothelicopters.com/training.htm I am located in california but I want the best training I can get before I get into the employment sector. I am willing to move just about anywhere but, it is hard to find any info on a school besides what is on their site. Thank you to anyone that replies!!

I haven't seen any reviews on two of the three schools i have studied. One is Civic helicopters: http://www.civichelicopters.com/index.htm and the other one that i am really leaning towards is Brazos in Texas: http://www.hothelicopters.com/training.htm I am located in california but I want the best training I can get before I get into the employment sector. I am willing to move just about anywhere but, it is hard to find any info on a school besides what is on their site. Thank you to anyone that replies!!

I don’t know anything about the Texas school. Civic is run by Chin, good pilot. They have a pretty good pay-as-you go program.

[

In response to your question, I dont have any information on the 2 schools you mentioned. I would like to share some information on leading edge aviation in Bend Oregon though.

www.flybend.com

Edited by bellpilot

Civic is a good outfit. Good reputation in the industry and Chin, the owner, is a good guy and a hell of a good stick.

Maintenance is top-notch and the instructors are all very sharp. It's pay as you go, you manage your own schedule and the environment is very relaxed, but very professional. Unlike another school I attended where everything was policy and procedure, Civic's environment encourages good decision making. Written tests are done on-site and they have an FAA approved heli simulator on-site as well.

I am a future student who lives in Dallas. I have checked out SSH, Sky Helicopters, and Brazos. Even though Brazos is an hour and a half dive, I plan on going there this summer once all the financing works out. I have been there 5 times so far making sure this is the place I want to spend my money. They do their training in a Schweizer. They do not have any R22/44's. That is my only concern because when I look around for people hiring CFI's they most all want R22 experience. The place is small, friendly, and so far very honest. The owners have also been very helpful so far. Good luck.

im starting my flight training on monday! im finally ready. i live in south texas, near victoria and i've been to all the flight schools in texas. personally i settled on salaika aviation in danbury, tx. i went to ssh, brazos, hsi, and a few others. i made my decision based on equipment, safety record, and price. salaika fit what i was looking for. i liked brazos, the only thing that bothered me is the location, (sitting on 35, in the middle of no were) and the equipment. i understand that nothings perfect, but there is just something about walking into a school and only 1 of 6 helicopters being flight ready. i had issues with that. plus i dont like seeing oil puddled up under something that i am going to fly in . the people there were friendly and the pricing is good. just not what im in the market for. im going for a career, so hopefully everything works out.

im starting my flight training on monday! im finally ready. i live in south texas, near victoria and i've been to all the flight schools in texas. personally i settled on salaika aviation in danbury, tx. i went to ssh, brazos, hsi, and a few others. i made my decision based on equipment, safety record, and price. salaika fit what i was looking for. i liked brazos, the only thing that bothered me is the location, (sitting on 35, in the middle of no were) and the equipment. i understand that nothings perfect, but there is just something about walking into a school and only 1 of 6 helicopters being flight ready. i had issues with that. plus i dont like seeing oil puddled up under something that i am going to fly in . the people there were friendly and the pricing is good. just not what im in the market for. im going for a career, so hopefully everything works out.

Hi Clay. As we tell all of our potential students, "choose what's best for you." Salaika Aviation is a good school too, and should be a good fit for you. However, location is just a personal preference, and the convenience of our I-35 location in central Texas is attractive to many of our students.

I'd like to set the record straight on your comments about flight readiness...we have a working maintenance shop in which we had three customer aircraft here for various inspections and repair. Oil happens. Granted, one flight training aircraft was in the shop for upgrades at the time of your visit. Two of the aircraft we showed you were not flight school aircraft, but are used strictly for commercial jobs--I'm sure they were presented that way.

We wish you well and appreciate the opportunity to visit with your about flight training -- just wanted to see that the facts in print were right.

Best regards,

Brazos Helicopters, LLC