need to know about Classic Helo in WA

i'm trying to find if anyone has delt with Classic Helicopters in Seattle WA. i have heard horror storys about some flight schools. i'm just wondering if anyone trained with them or are currently.

I checked them out once but opted to fly at Glacier in Oly. Just because I lived in Tumwater and didn't want to commute on I-5 everyday.

I checked them out once but opted to fly at Glacier in Oly. Just because I lived in Tumwater and didn't want to commute on I-5 everyday.

I second that. I've trained with Glacier for a long time. A great school with good instructors and good management. They have 3 facilities that are located in Skagit, Spanaway, and the main base in Olympia.

www.helicopterflightschool.com

Scott

I second that. I've trained with Glacier for a long time. A great school with good instructors and good management. They have 3 facilities that are located in Skagit, Spanaway, and the main base in Olympia.

www.helicopterflightschool.com

Scott

When wereyou at Glacier? Iwas there off and on since 02. I did my private there then did some fixed stuff before moving to SLC. Maybe we have seen each other.

Well I'm still with Glacier and was in the same situation. I was off and on for a while, chasing opportunities with my Commercial, so I've been there since '02. I'm training in Spanaway right now with Judd and finishing my CFI. How about you?

Well I'm still with Glacier and was in the same situation. I was off and on for a while, chasing opportunities with my Commercial, so I've been there since '02. I'm training in Spanaway right now with Judd and finishing my CFI. How about you?

I did my ppl with Theo. Then ran out of money for awhile and pursued my ppl fixed with Matt in Oly. I ended up selling my house and moving to Salt Lake City. I now am working on my comm with Upper Limit. Did you fly with Kris in Puyallup when he was there? He was the one that broke the ice and got me to hover.

I did my ppl with Theo. Then ran out of money for awhile and pursued my ppl fixed with Matt in Oly. I ended up selling my house and moving to Salt Lake City. I now am working on my comm with Upper Limit. Did you fly with Kris in Puyallup when he was there? He was the one that broke the ice and got me to hover.

Yeah we must have crossed paths at one point. Kris was my first instructor and I also flew with Theo. They are good instructors. If this is the same Scott I think it is..Did you go to John Crossman's house for a vietnam helicopter presentation?

Scott

Yeah we must have crossed paths at one point. Kris was my first instructor and I also flew with Theo. They are good instructors. If this is the same Scott I think it is..Did you go to John Crossman's house for a vietnam helicopter presentation?

Scott

No, I was active duty when I started flying there. My first name is Shane. I lived over by Trails end next to the airport. So I was always stopping by. I would stop in and talk to Paul and Brad when they were around.

Quick question to those who attended Glacier -- after a lot of research that was my "first" pick for the school I wanted to attend (I'm not going until next year sometime) -- Did anyone stay at their housing?? If so, how was it? If I decide to go there, I definately need the housing.

Thanks so much!

Quick question to those who attended Glacier -- after a lot of research that was my "first" pick for the school I wanted to attend (I'm not going until next year sometime) -- Did anyone stay at their housing?? If so, how was it? If I decide to go there, I definately need the housing.

Thanks so much!

I never stayed at the housing. I lived just across from the airport. I know alot of the guys roomed together. One of the pilots for NW Helicopters has lots of space for rent. It was nice from what I heard.

I never stayed at the housing. I lived just across from the airport. I know alot of the guys roomed together. One of the pilots for NW Helicopters has lots of space for rent. It was nice from what I heard.

Your best bet would be to talk with either Mike Thielen or Gary Bankers. If you live in the area, I would just go down there and talk to them about what they have available for housing, along with checking it out. I also knew a guy who lived with one of the pilots for NW Helicopters and it worked out good for him.

Your best bet would be to talk with either Mike Thielen or Gary Bankers. If you live in the area, I would just go down there and talk to them about what they have available for housing, along with checking it out. I also knew a guy who lived with one of the pilots for NW Helicopters and it worked out good for him.

That's part of the problem. I live in Philly. And since I'm not planning on going to school any time in the next few months, I'm putting off visiting schools until I narrow down what I'm looking for in my training and if they have housing. It's just a lot of research right now. But thanks for your answers.