WOCS Board

I am going to be going to the March board, civilian style, in Seattle. I have heard that 'the board' for active duty was a paperwork board only, no face-to-face time...

Does anyone have any experience with the civilian board, just wondering what kinds of things they will be asking me? I’m sure the usual, why should we pick you questions will be in there. Just wondering if anyone had any thought on the topic

• 4 weeks later...
I am going to be going to the March board, civilian style, in Seattle. I have heard that 'the board' for active duty was a paperwork board only, no face-to-face time...

Does anyone have any experience with the civilian board, just wondering what kinds of things they will be asking me? I’m sure the usual, why should we pick you questions will be in there. Just wondering if anyone had any thought on the topic

So how did it go? I also did the "civilian" version over in West Virginia. I'm prior service, so most of the questions revolved around that. How do you feel you did? Did they give you your score? I am just anxious to see USAREC post those names!!!! :D

I've heard from a few sources that this is usually a low time in the year, in terms of the number of people that go to board. High School folks really not in the right timeframe yet, etc, etc. That helps, of course.

So how did it go? I also did the "civilian" version over in West Virginia. I'm prior service, so most of the questions revolved around that. How do you feel you did? Did they give you your score? I am just anxious to see USAREC post those names!!!! :D

I've heard from a few sources that this is usually a low time in the year, in terms of the number of people that go to board. High School folks really not in the right timeframe yet, etc, etc. That helps, of course.

Went great, my time with the board was much shorter than the guys coming out of college, guess my references and personal statement spoke for themselves. Maxed the local Seattle board, but I too, am anxiously awaiting the USAREC one. Best of luck man, hopefully see ya down there

Went great, my time with the board was much shorter than the guys coming out of college, guess my references and personal statement spoke for themselves. Maxed the local Seattle board, but I too, am anxiously awaiting the USAREC one. Best of luck man, hopefully see ya down there

Definitely. Best of luck to you as well. I maxed my board in WV, so hopefully that will help. I was looking at the USAREC website. Back in January, they posted the results on the 23rd, just 8 days after the boards. I hope our's is that quick!

Definitely. Best of luck to you as well. I maxed my board in WV, so hopefully that will help. I was looking at the USAREC website. Back in January, they posted the results on the 23rd, just 8 days after the boards. I hope our's is that quick!

the timeline i have been told is, usarec board is on April 5th, and results will be out the 6th... that about what you are hearing on your side of the country? i know that they might take 8 days to make it to the website, but hopefuly offical channels will work a bit faster.

the timeline i have been told is, usarec board is on April 5th, and results will be out the 6th... that about what you are hearing on your side of the country? i know that they might take 8 days to make it to the website, but hopefuly offical channels will work a bit faster.

See, that is what I am worried about, the "Official Channels." The recruiting office I am going through just had a guy in the last board get picked up after a waiver was approved. They didn't even know about it. He came in and told them he saw his name on the website. I mean, my packet was great, I'll give them that, but there is a lot of stuff they know nothing about. I spent a lot of time on the phone with the WOFT Recruiting Team at USAREC! Still up in the air whether I go to Boot Camp or Warrior Transition if I do get accepted, since I am prior Air Force. No one has a clue. Oh well. I think I will just have to wait until I see the results online. Might as well get back into the "Hurry Up and Wait" mindset.

ya, your packet will go to the apr 5th USAREC board

Got it. Very stoked. Thanks for the info! Best of luck to us both! Are you prior service? If not, I guess you'll have to do Boot Camp. Hell, I might even have to do it if MEPS doesn't get the regs straight, which would both suck and blow simultaneously! Good time to get in better shape for WOCS though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
sure did. leave for AL on the 8th of Aug

MAN! Congratulations! That is awesome! My stuff is sitting up at USAREC right now being reviewed by a recruiter there prior to the May 15th board. Hopefully I will see you in Alabama! Although I have to go to Warrior Transition first if I do get selected.

Again, congratulations! That is outstanding!

• 1 month later...
MAN! Congratulations! That is awesome! My stuff is sitting up at USAREC right now being reviewed by a recruiter there prior to the May 15th board. Hopefully I will see you in Alabama! Although I have to go to Warrior Transition first if I do get selected.

Again, congratulations! That is outstanding!

Well, more updates. Latest word out of USAREC is that prior service applicants do NOT go to Warrior Transition Course. It's direct to Rucker now. Fun. I would actually prefer to go to WTC first to get my head back in the game and get some extra PT time, although I know I am good to go.

My recruiter was kind enough to drop the ball on my flight physical. Did NOT go up for the May board. Nice. However, everything is FINALLY squared away. Finally. I decided to go direct to USAREC for all my questions, and I will go up in June.

Well, more updates. Latest word out of USAREC is that prior service applicants do NOT go to Warrior Transition Course. It's direct to Rucker now. Fun. I would actually prefer to go to WTC first to get my head back in the game and get some extra PT time, although I know I am good to go.

My recruiter was kind enough to drop the ball on my flight physical. Did NOT go up for the May board. Nice. However, everything is FINALLY squared away. Finally. I decided to go direct to USAREC for all my questions, and I will go up in June.

Congratulations Bud!!! Good for you! Remember, nothing beats a Blackhawk;)

Alex

• 2 weeks later...