How long did it take you to get that first CFI job

Guest rookie101

Guest rookie101

Hello again everyone,

Well the title says it all. It deals mainly with pilots hired by someone else, not by their school nothing against those hired by their schools but seeing that the school I plan on attending right know is too small, at least for now, for me to be hired on. Just wondering what I might be faced with if I don't get hired by the school I train at. Advice on getting hired for being a CFI(I) is always welcomed by those of you who were hired by a diffrent flight school, either in or out of state. Thanks to all who post,

rookie101

Edited by rookie101

I was hired away from Helicopter Adventures contingent on finishing my CFII, and before I started sending applications out. Advice? Start getting resumes out about a week before you could be ready to move, but NOT before finishing your CFI. Make sure your cover letter/cover email is PERSONALLY addressed to the school/chief instructor. Take the time to find out about a school before you apply - if you can't find out the name of the person doing the hiring, how could you know you want to work there?

And you did mean to write "hired as a CFII", right? You cut your hirability by about 70% if you don't have the double-I rating. Finally, even a small school needs new instructors - if you like where you are, let them know!

Edited by flingwing206

Guest rookie101

DukeChin,

My PM isn't working, I can't send messages for some reason. I don't go to flight school yet, I am a senior in high school, but I will be going to flight school as soon as I graduate. The flight school I plan on attending is Avia, there based out of the Corvallis airport. Ron Gustafson runs it, I imagine some of old dinosaurs :lol: in here know him or have heard of him. Scott the chief flight instructor there is a pretty cool guy, he has helped me out a lot with some of the questions I've had. You can contact Avia at www.aviaaviation.com. Good luck finding a school,

rookie101