Getting to the other side of the world to become a pilot

Hello everyone

I have found this forum very interesting and very useful at least for those like me - beginners, therefore I hope i will get some help here.

I'll try to keep everything brief.

I've been looking for appropriate pilot school to get JAA/CAA, initially PPL (H), at least for the last few years, since I got the money for that. By the way, I see the opportunity in the near future get the funds also for CPL, because it is possible for me to get helicopter pilot job here in Latvia.

I have chosen http://www.ukft.com/ or http://rainbowair.com/ because of the most affordable price I could find to prepere to get JAA/CAA licenses.

So guys, I would like to get any suggestions, thoughts, comments, anything helpful.

Has enybody been to UKFT/RAINBOWAIR ?

And I know there are Europeans here, where did you get your licenses?

Thank you all in advance

Yes, don't quit! Show those immigration dilnoids you mean business.

Government sucks!

But Long Beach? Well, I guess it'll be all right. I never liked the L.A. area much. I had to drive through it a bunch of times while driving truck. Well, at least it's not like the Dan Ryan in Chicago.

Get your license and fly Latvia. I should have mine in a year. Might you know of any job openings there? I'd like to fly there.

Later

I don't care about a government. That was jast a young girl at embassy, who was scared of everything and because of whom I've lost with no reason quite a lot of money and time. I don't even know the fate of my prepay. Now I should throw away money again to pay all fees to start the process from the beginning.

But forget it. I have accepted that.

The main question is - can somebody tell me anything about U.K. Flight Training or Rainbow Air Academy?

I'm too far from them ( minus 11 hours ) to get there and check for myself, see facilities, take trial lesson, etc.

And I guess that was a joke about going to Latvia.

And I guess that was a joke about going to Latvia.

Not a joke, just a desire to fly in some places not in the States. I'd also like to fly in Switzerland, Germany, and Austrailia-possibly New Zealand.

If I understand the terrain in Latvia, it has many valleys, perfect for off-road flying.

Later

Maybe I'm thinking of Bosnia?

• 7 months later...