Just got back from my first lesson

Hey guys,

Just got back from what was supposed to be a trial lesson but turned into a full blown lesson after the instructor realised i wasnt just there for the ride.

Good news is that the instructor was very impressed with my flying ability and his words were, "You are a natural".

This is very encouraging to a 16 year old with a dream of a career in helicopters.

As soon as we left the circuit he gave me the controls, first the pedals, then collective, then cyclic. He saw that i could use all 3 controls comfortably at the same time and within 10 mins i had full control. I spent 5 mins flying straight and level and then 5 mins on turns, then descending turns etc. He seemed to be complinmenting no end which i was very pleased with.

He took the controls for the approch and taxi to the hover square...Where it got interesting.

I understood the sensitivity of the controls (cyclic in particular) and he hovered 10 feet from the ground and gave me control. I had trouble at first with keeping it in control and he had to take back the controls a few times. We spent about 10 mins hovering and nearer the end of this i was just about appriciating the controls a little more. It wasnt a perfect hover by any means, but it was kept pointing in the right direction, and at the same height, but not over the same spot.

In all i am very pleased with myself for a first lesson and it has made me eager to continue when the funds are a little more availiable.

Any comments on what i should do/remember/try next time would be much appriciated because i may book another lesson or two.

Cheers,

Richard S

just 3 things

relax

relax

relax

now go book another lesson :D

Yes, i must admit, that wasnt something that i was doing well :(

I'd love to book another lesson, but i just dont have the money :angry: