Fatal Traps, waiting list

• 2 months later...

I unfortunately got my copy free from my instructor's belongings who fell into a few of those "traps" with another student. Read the part about wires. I flew with the author of that part UNDER wires once. Not my idea. Not cool. Never again!

Fly safe

Tore & Allan, R.I.P. guys

Fly safe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

here's the latest up date from the Fatal traps web site

Fatal Traps For Helicopter Pilots is about to be reprinted by McGraw-Hill Publishing, New York for worldwide distribution. Please bookmark this page, details on the easiest way for you to obtain a copy will be posted here just as soon as it's available.

Page Last Updated: 7 August 06

http://www.fataltraps.com/order.asp

the book can now be pre-ordered on www.helicoptersonly.com

http://www.helicoptersonly.com/

AMAZON HAS IT FOR 26 BUCKS. (pre-order)

Fatal Traps for Helicopter Pilots (Paperback)

by Greg Whyte

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List Price: $39.95

Price: $26.37 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details

You Save: $13.58 (34%)

Availability: This item has not yet been released. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

• 2 weeks later...

Email received from Mr. Whyte.

Fatal Traps for Helicopter Pilots

Thank you for your email expressing interest in the second print-run of this title.

I can advise that the reprint is being done by McGraw-Hill Professional in New York. Official release date is 1st December 2006 however someone ordering directly from McGraw-Hill (http://books.mcgraw-hill.com/getbook.php?isbn=0071488308&template) received a notification of an October delivery date.

The title is appearing at Amazon sites in many countries, Transair Pilot Shops in the United Kingdom will be stocking the book. In New Zealand it will be distributed solely by Reed Publishing NZ Ltd.

McGraw-Hill is a well-known publisher worldwide with distributors in most countries. So, if you wish to order through your local bookshop, quote the title, the publisher and the ISBN which is: 0071488308 and they shouldn't have too much trouble acquiring a copy for you.

If you are a bookseller or Pilot Shop looking to retail the book, please contact your nearest McGraw-Hill distributor to negotiate your bulk discounted supply.

Finally, I can hold my hand on my heart and tell you that I have been totally overwhelmed with the feedback about this book. I dared not dream that there wouldn't be one criticism in the three years since it first appeared but that is the truth. Everything you've heard is true and the information in Fatal Traps is timeless; it will never expire. So don't hesitate to grab a copy and please feel free to email me your personal opinion.

Regards,

Greg Whyte

PO Box 75 Waikato Mail Centre

Hamilton 3240 New Zealand

Email: greg.whyte@xtra.co.nz

Web: http://www.fataltraps.com

• 2 months later...

email received from helicoptersonly.com

As stated in our on-line store ...

“Pre Order now for processing the second week of December.

Order requests will be processed in the order received.”

should have it by xmas if you ordered it already.

Edited by 67november

I pre-ordered Fatal Traps from Walmart.com for $26+$1 for shipping. They said they will process the order and ship on Dec. 1st. Looks like a good read, maybe it will save my life someday. Never heard of it before this forum topic, another valuable piece of information from verticalreference.com. Thanks!

P.S. Another good read I heard about on this site is Chickenhawk by Robert Mason. Well known, top notch non-fiction book from a helo pilot's perspective. I highly recommend it to anyone who has not heard of it.

Per McGraw Hill they will be shipping mine on Dec 8th. I hope others that are ordering from other outlets will get them before Christmas. I have seen from past experiences that shipping from publisher to retail outlet to consumer can take longer than most can hope.

Hi All, just discovered this thread right now. I have a copy of this book (a very very good book), have read it several times, don't really need it anymore. If anybody really needs it quick, I dont mind selling it for 20 bucks (it's in good condition). I really think it's an essential read for pilots. PM me if you want it. LOG

Well that's just dandy. I ordered mine from Amazon (don't ask why, I have no good answer) back in August, for Dec delivery, and just got informed that it will be delayed until February!!! aaaggghhh!!! I'm assuming it's too late to order it from somewhere that might actually ship it in this lifetime? If not, please point me in the right direction.

Well that's just dandy. I ordered mine from Amazon (don't ask why, I have no good answer) back in August, for Dec delivery, and just got informed that it will be delayed until February!!! aaaggghhh!!! I'm assuming it's too late to order it from somewhere that might actually ship it in this lifetime? If not, please point me in the right direction.

check with helicoptersonly.com

they shipped mine today.