chickens

Guest pokey

Guest pokey

i heard this one years ago & have contemplated both sides & still have no "tested/justified" opinion : a flatbed truck of chickens (in separate cages- single layer),,, all decide to fly at the same time (in their cages) Question is? does the truck get lighter?

i heard this one years ago & have contemplated both sides & still have no "tested/justified" opinion : a flatbed truck of chickens (in separate cages- single layer),,, all decide to fly at the same time (in their cages) Question is? does the truck get lighter?

When did Chickens learn how to fly??????? :unsure:

Guest pokey
When did Chickens learn how to fly??????? :unsure:

,,,,same time they learned how to "decide" of korse !

(so ALL these years it was a "trick question"?) son of a ! :o

Open cages, flatbed truck, the chickens are flying (if chickens can fly) because they are accelerating air downward, not because they are pushing down on the truck. So the moving air is now supporting the chickens, the truck is not (as the truck in this case is not supporting the air).

Now if the chickens were in closed boxes, then the truck would still be supporting the weight of the chickens, boxes and the air in the boxes.

I have two chickens, and they do fly.

A cat-not one of mine-chased Ari around the back yard, and she took off down the side of the house into a tree out front. I heard the comotion and went outside to look for her. I looked up and down the street, but no Ari. I went to the side of the house and looked into the tree, and there she was about 20 feet on a limb. I talked to her for a couple of minutes telling her that the cat was gone. She clucked some, turned around on the limb, and flew back into the back yard.

I find her roosting in the pear tree every once in a while, and I can get her to fly and land on my arm-she likes scratch.

So yes, chickens do fly...they just prefer the ground.

Later

Guest pokey
I talked to her for a couple of minutes telling her that the cat was gone. She clucked some, turned around on the limb, and flew back into the back yard.

WOW ! a flying AND talking chicken ! Reminds me of this talking bird the lady who ran the restaurant here once had, some of the wise-guys here at the airport taught it to recite it's own recipe:

"BAAAAAWK !, pre-heat 350 BAAAWK !, butter baste, 3 hours, serves 4 BAAAWK ! " :lol: