Switching schools

Hello,

I currently hold a PPL RTC with 100 hours towards instrument and commercial ratings. I did all this training prior to starting college last fall, and I am in a situation where it doesn't make much sense to complete by flight training at the school I started at. From what I understand, most schools, my previous one included, are very partial to hiring their own graduates, and there is no way I could continue to go to college and get some work as a CFI, which is my goal, by staying at my school.

Luckily, there is another school which I have heard nothing but good about near a university I am transferring to next year, so I am hoping to finish my training there and have at least some shot at becoming a CFI part time while I finish college, which I would find very ideal.

Is there anything special involved in this process? Does all my training cross over? I don't see why it shouldn't, but this is the FAA so a guy just can't be too sure. I'm going to talk to the new school in a few days, but I wanted to get a heads-up about this, and would greatly appreciate any input.

Thanks!

Hi,

I would say a flight hour is a flight hour. And 14 CFR is the same in all US states. You shouldn´t have any problems with that. As long everything is well documented ...

I have no idea if it is possible to work as a parttime CFI. But I´m interested to. Is there anybody here doing that ?

Rainer

no problem if its a part 61 program you are moving between. for part 141, you would need acurate records and only certain hours will count

You could go from a part 141 to a part 61 and keep all of the hours but not nessasarly the other way around.

no problem if its a part 61 program you are moving between. for part 141, you would need acurate records and only certain hours will count

You could go from a part 141 to a part 61 and keep all of the hours but not nessasarly the other way around.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe that when transferring over to a 141 program, the school may honor up to 100% of the previous training depending on the student's proficiency, flight records, similar aircraft, etc. I'd give you a more definite answer, but I'm getting ready to move to another Post and can't locate my FAR/AIM. Good Luck, man.

• 3 weeks later...