Possible Schools Question

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I've recently decided to go ahead and start my commercial helicopter training after years of saving for it. I'm from Ireland and will be moving to the US to do my training for the 8 months or however long it takes. I have been speaking to Jerry Personius in Mazzei Flying Service in Fresno, CA, and he has been really helpful.

Because i'm moving from Ireland, it doesn't really matter to me where in the US I do my training. The only thing that matters is that I get the best all round training. Mazzei seems to cover this as they do a lot of high altitude training in the mountains and the weather conditions in California shouldn't interfere too much with my training.

Basically I would like to know if you guys can recommend any schools that in your opinion offer as good if not better facilities as Mazzei.

Cheers.

P.S. The course i'm planning on doing with Mazzei is

No. 413 - COMMERCIAL PILOT CERTIFICATION COURSE - INSTRUMENT HELICOPTER - FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR - INSTRUMENT HELICOPTER.

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I've recently decided to go ahead and start my commercial helicopter training after years of saving for it. I'm from Ireland and will be moving to the US to do my training for the 8 months or however long it takes. I have been speaking to Jerry Personius in Mazzei Flying Service in Fresno, CA, and he has been really helpful.

Because i'm moving from Ireland, it doesn't really matter to me where in the US I do my training. The only thing that matters is that I get the best all round training. Mazzei seems to cover this as they do a lot of high altitude training in the mountains and the weather conditions in California shouldn't interfere too much with my training.

Basically I would like to know if you guys can recommend any schools that in your opinion offer as good if not better facilities as Mazzei.

Cheers.

P.S. The course i'm planning on doing with Mazzei is

No. 413 - COMMERCIAL PILOT CERTIFICATION COURSE - INSTRUMENT HELICOPTER - FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR - INSTRUMENT HELICOPTER.

Hi Darren. I'm from the states and I am leaving for Mazzei later this month. I've talked with different flight schools across the country, but I decided to go with Mazzei. They've been around since 1936 (ran by their current owner since 1977), so they have the history and I've never heard any horror stories come from them like some other schools. Don't get me wrong though, there's plenty of high quality instruction flight schools in the states.

I'm registered for the 413 course that you mentioned. Maybe I'll see you out there if you decide that Mazzei is for you.

I just realized I sound like a salesman... crazy!

Also check the Better Business Bureau website ( http://search.bbb.org/ ) to find information on schools who have had disputes.

Mazzei is good

Organized, standardized 141 program.

Notes about the 'Guarantee'

1. A 'training period' is a flight or a ground

2. You have the availability and brain power and an instructor with the availability to work as hard as possible to complete ratings within the 'Guarantee' Period. (Basically you need 5 flights and 1 or 2 grounds a week to stay in the guarantee - more if you have some struggles)

3. Keep track of every lost 'training period' on a calendar initialled by your instructor.

4. You're better off losing a day than changing a 'training period' from a flight to a ground if an aircraft or weather problem keeps you from flying. That lost training period day will be added to your guarantee period.

Hey Darren,

Out of curiosity, what can you tell me about helo jobs in the land of Nessie? :D

Just curoius if there might be tours or flightseeing there? I'm guessing oil isn't the only flying available.

Later.

Guest rookie101
Hey Darren,

Out of curiosity, what can you tell me about helo jobs in the land of Nessie? :D

Just curoius if there might be tours or flightseeing there? I'm guessing oil isn't the only flying available.

Later.

You could probably use a helicopter to herd all of the sheep, or were all the sheep in Scotland?(ah, I am sterotyping, forgive me, I could'nt resist :D )

Hi Witch, There is a severe shortage of pilots in the oil industry in scotland at the minute and they are crying out for them. I think there is quite a few sightseeing helicopter charter companys around, especially in the northern england and scotland area.

Rookie, I think the old sheep herders prefare the hands on approach(if you know what i mean!!)!!