Hi I am Paul from the UK researching Heli Flight training in the US, One of the Schools I am in touch with has emailed me saying there is no tax on Flight Training in the state of California. Could anyone out there tel me if the info I have received is a fact?

I look forward to an answer to this.

Hi to all out there trying to make their dream come true, and good luck.

regards Paul

Hi I am Paul from the UK researching Heli Flight training in the US, One of the Schools I am in touch with has emailed me saying there is no tax on Flight Training in the state of California. Could anyone out there tel me if the info I have received is a fact?

I look forward to an answer to this.

Hi to all out there trying to make their dream come true, and good luck.

regards Paul

I can not speak for California- BUT in Louisiana we do not have taxes on flight training. The cost of living in Louisiana is significantly lower than Cali too! http://www.vortex-helicopters.com/

Thanks rookie 101 fot the info on the tax, Civic helicopters in cali emailed me there is no tax on flight training in cali, and your info link suggests that there should not be tax on flight training in any state in the US. Mauna Loa in hawaii state has . 4.167% tax to be added to flight training cost, so I need to find out what the tax is for.

In general, tax will not be added to the training, which is a service, so no tax on the flight or ground instruction portion of the tab. However, there will likely be tax on the rental of the aircraft (just like there is tax on a rental car), as well as on the fuel. In addition, you may pay an airport-imposed fee on every transaction - for instance, the Minneapolis MAC takes about 2%.