Helicopter Pilot Associations?

Fixed-wing folks have the AOPA ... so I was wondering if there was a catch-all helicopter association that everyone is a part of (like the PHPA maybe?).

There is the Helicopter Association International (HAI), largely an operator's group, in addition to PHPA, but AOPA does more for us as individual pilots and for aviation in general than either of the two other organizations and is more deserving of your member$hip, IMHO. Though AOPA's emphasis is on serving the larger part of their members, the fixed-wing world, they do not discriminate against nor exclude helicopter aviation. They are the most effective, best bang-for-your-buck organization I've ever seen, in or outside of aviation and I believe every pilot should join and lend your weight to their influential and credible mass. YMMV

Though AOPA's emphasis is on serving the larger part of their members, the fixed-wing world, they do not discriminate against nor exclude helicopter aviation.

In fact a few weeks ago I did join the AOPA and I don't feel they discriminate against non-fixed-wing but I was just wondering if there were organizations that had content that was more pertinent to rotorcraft. As when I'm browsing AOPA publications, a lot of the stuff is specific to fixed-wing. Granted this is probably in large part because there are simply many more fixed wing pilots.

I guess another question I have is what magazine (if I only have money to choose one) everybody else reads and/or would recommend. Whereas the AOPA's magazines are mostly fixed-wing content, I would also like to read articles that are all about helicopters. I still find the AOPA publications useful, don't get me wrong, as a lot of their stuff does have to do with GA and topics that are universal to all pilots.

Well you have Heli-Ops which if you can't tell by the name is all about helicopters. Then you have Vertical Magazine and they are also all about helicopters.

Heli-Ops= http://www.heliopsmag.com/

Vertical Magazine= http://www.verticalmag.com/

these are magazines, not associations, but plenty can be learned B)