Looking for a Recuse Video over frozen lake

About 20 years ago maybe, there was an airplane accident that ended up in a frozen lake.

I believe a Jetranger pilot maybe won an award helping to save some people including a woman in the frozen water.

I was a kid at the time in the UK watching it on the news and i remember being in awe of the skill and action of the pilot (and the whole helicopter thing in general).

Anyone have a link to a video or more details of the situation and rescue please?

Thanks.

• Like 1

About 20 years ago maybe, there was an airplane accident that ended up in a frozen lake.

I believe a Jetranger pilot maybe won an award helping to save some people including a woman in the frozen water.

I was a kid at the time in the UK watching it on the news and i remember being in awe of the skill and action of the pilot (and the whole helicopter thing in general).

Anyone have a link to a video or more details of the situation and rescue please?

Thanks.

Here are the details:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Florida_Flight_90

There was even a movie about it:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087272/

Guest pokey

Sounds similar to the accident in Washington DC, where the plane hit the bridge & went in river. I seen that rescue on a documentary on TV, ( discovery channel i think)

THAT shade cracks me up Grant !!! :lol:

OH YIP !! ( after clicking the link--it WAS the one in DC)

<<reminds self to "engage brain B4 fingers",,, errrr i mean "fingers B4 brain" of korse !

• 5 years later...