What do you think....

Guest rookie101

Guest rookie101

Hello to all,

I have noticed that some people have viewed/think that the FAQ (so far) has been helpful. I was wondering what you guys think should be added or reorganized so it's easier for everyone to use. Also, I am lacking some military threads so if anyone knows of topics they think would be helpful in the FAQ than PM me the link or post the link in the FAQ.

BTW- the reason I made this a topic rather than add it into the FAQ thread is because I don't want to clutter up the FAQ page with a bunch of posts with comments and no links. Not that I am trying to diss you guys who have commented on it so far, I really like that, it shows that at least some one is viewing it and likes it (thank's Sparks, 67, and GF for your comments) it's just it's better if there are links, that way people don't have to read through an entire page of comments to try and find one link someone has posted.

I think it is great! Well done. Hopefully it will become a first source of reference for new visitors.

I noticed that in a couple of instances lower down you have started to use underlining. The problem with this, is that the html automatically uses underlining for links. This could be confusing. I would stick to bold for the headings.

How about really spoon feeding people and linking to the search page where you say, USE THE SEARCH PAGE

Good job,

Joker

Guest rookie101
I noticed that in a couple of instances lower down you have started to use underlining. The problem with this, is that the html automatically uses underlining for links. This could be confusing. I would stick to bold for the headings.

right you are joker. I was hoping someone might say something about that. I underlined the title of the topics, but I didn't know if that was confusing or not. Your right about the bold, consider it changed. I was also wondering what some of the noobies (to the helicopter world) thought of the Career Topics section, is that helpful? Thanks for the suggestions. Anyone else?

Guest rookie101
you'll have to delete the line you have on the page and replace it with a link.

Right, all sorted out. Now, does anybody else have an opinion/grevience/suggestion.

Guest rookie101
Sorry Rookie, I didnt mean to clutter it up with replies. Its truly been an exceptional help to me. Thanks again!

You are fine, I should've asked for a moderator to lock the thread or post something like that in the topic so you would know, but since you didn't know all is good and I am glad you find it helpful :D. Hopefully others find it just as helpful

Cool, thanks! Im sure anyone who is looking into starting a career as a helicopter pilot will also find it useful. Of course this assumes people READ before they post!

FYI - It looks like there are 3 links to age threads now, but two go to the same one?

• 3 years later...

Many of the external links in the FAQ, especially in the Career Topics section, don't exist anymore (return 404 errors).

Appreciate the effort putting it together by the way. I am learning a lot and finding plenty of valuable info to help me make decisions!