I'm looking for opnions... I Found the closest school to me, Part 61. 1.0 hour drive, but the only helicopter is a Hiller UH12C and its steep for $250 a hour. Is this a good deal? Or should I drive 2.5 hours for a r22 for 235$ a hour at a part 141?The 141 will be 35 hours min. and the 61 will be 20 hours min. so the 61 will be cheaper. It will be a add-on. Also I'm looking at colleges for additional ratings, is there any good colleges with helicopter as a minor?

Thanks all,

Levi

I'm looking for opnions... I Found the closest school to me, Part 61. 1.0 hour drive, but the only helicopter is a Hiller UH12C and its steep for $250 a hour. Is this a good deal? Or should I drive 2.5 hours for a r22 for 235$ a hour at a part 141? It will be a add-on. Also I'm looking at colleges for additional ratings, is there any good colleges with helicopter as a minor?

Thanks all,

Levi

your delema has been discussed many times.

don't limit yourself to just where your at. your career will take you to places far from where your at now..

consider going to an aviation school instead of a general college. it would much more worth your while to do so.

Yeah, I cannot find a decent aviation school that offers helicopters and atc. I'm thinking about minor in atc and major in helos or vice verse, you have any good colleges in mind?

Yeah, I cannot find a decent aviation school that offers helicopters and atc. I'm thinking about minor in atc and major in helos or vice verse, you have any good colleges in mind?

Pilotlevi,

University of North Dakota is a top notch college and offers helicopters and air traffic control. I am however, not sure if they offer a minor in atc. Actually I'm not sure if any schools do. Just curious though, why a minor/major in atc?

Zenmaster.

Pilotlevi,

University of North Dakota is a top notch college and offers helicopters and air traffic control. I am however, not sure if they offer a minor in atc. Actually I'm not sure if any schools do. Just curious though, why a minor/major in atc?

Zenmaster.

I was actually looking at UND the other day. I hear good stuff about it. Embry offers minor in ATC but I really don't feel like paying twice as much for the same thing. About the Minor,Major, I was always told that two majors would be way to hard.