Contacted for work in the USA ?

jad

Hi Guys,

Im only new too this site, and Im very impressed with the information available!!

I've listed my name in the job section, and was contacted by a company in the UK that are after a helicopter pilot. It is a UK based company seeking a pilot for work in the USA..

Has anyone else been contacted by the same company ?? Im still deciding if this is a legitimate job offer.. If it is a scam they certainly have put a lot of work into it!!

Any experiences with similar offers ? Scams etc ??

Jad

What makes you think it might be a scam?

Do they want money upfront or something?

I personally would be prepared to go for it mate.

I only have 165 hours and CPL but I'd go for any offer from the UK or Japan to the States.

Chase it and see where it leads.

Good Luck.

Okay guys.. heres my problem, it falls in the too good to be true category..

Heres the deal, let me know what you guys think..

- UK Based Electronics Company, with a subsidary in Telecommunications

- Seeking pilot that can fly R22 and Cessna aircraft to fly engineers around

- Work based in the USA

- Offering salary of $80k us

- Offering to fly me to the UK for an interview / flight test

- Interviews apparently conducted by British Airways

- Will transfer a sum of money into my account to cover airfare and upkeep.

Now this all sounds great.. but whats going against it is I am a low hour pilot. Why would they want to fly a pilot in from Australia when pilots are readily available in the USA with FAA licences etc. The pay rate seems very good for a low hour pilot also...

Now hopefully I am completely wrong and this is one of those 1 in a million jobs...

Any thoughts ??

<snip>

- Will transfer a sum of money into my account to cover airfare and upkeep.

<snip>

Any thoughts ??

Sounds like - SCAM!!! :angry:

I know of a fellow, new helicopter pilot that fell for this type scam. They used his account information to clean out his account.

Never give a routing number, account number, and resume-type information to anyone. It is likely to be enough personal information to have your account withdrawn - completely. Even if it isn't enough information, it gives them enough leads to buy the rest of your personal information from a service like Intellus. Once your money is offshore it will be impossible to go after whoever took it. The old saying applies... "If it is too good to be true, it probably is.".

If you want to test them, ask for a check instead, or have them send you a ticket, hotel reservation, and itinerary up front as a respectable business typically does when they desire to interview. Also... If they are with British Airways, why don't they just send a ticket, instead of transfering money into your account for it? Sounds fishy to me...

If you are up to the work - open an empty account, and see if bank can monitor it to see if a withdrawl transaction or balance check occurs against it from another routing number. Maybe after that happens, they will stop talking and you know they are phony.

...Also, consider there are plenty of low time pilots in the USA that would do this for a fraction of that wage... Sounds very very fishy...

Sounds like - SCAM!!! :angry:

I know of a fellow, new helicopter pilot that fell for this type scam. They used his account information to clean out his account.

Never give a routing number, account number, and resume-type information to anyone. It is likely to be enough personal information to have your account withdrawn - completely. Even if it isn't enough information, it gives them enough leads to buy the rest of your personal information from a service like Intellus. Once your money is offshore it will be impossible to go after whoever took it. The old saying applies... "If it is too good to be true, it probably is.".

If you want to test them, ask for a check instead, or have them send you a ticket, hotel reservation, and itinerary up front as a respectable business typically does when they desire to interview. Also... If they are with British Airways, why don't they just send a ticket, instead of transfering money into your account for it? Sounds fishy to me...

If you are up to the work - open an empty account, and see if bank can monitor it to see if a withdrawl transaction or balance check occurs against it from another routing number. Maybe after that happens, they will stop talking and you know they are phony.

...Also, consider there are plenty of low time pilots in the USA that would do this for a fraction of that wage... Sounds very very fishy...

This is a scam. I went through the same deal. They will send you money orders and you are supposed to go and cash them and send them the cash to a address that is supposed to arrange your travel. The only problem is the money orders are fraudulant. I thought something was up when I recieved the money orders so I took them to the post office and the postal inspector seized them and I gave them all the information I had on the company. Let me guess it is Hallmark Tellecommunications!! Don't fall for this scam!!!!

• 1 month later...
This is a scam. I went through the same deal. They will send you money orders and you are supposed to go and cash them and send them the cash to a address that is supposed to arrange your travel. The only problem is the money orders are fraudulant. I thought something was up when I recieved the money orders so I took them to the post office and the postal inspector seized them and I gave them all the information I had on the company. Let me guess it is Hallmark Tellecommunications!! Don't fall for this scam!!!!

Yep, I got an email from them as well.... Scam... I sent them a resume of mine but that was it...

• 4 months later...
Yep, I got an email from them as well.... Scam... I sent them a resume of mine but that was it...

Wow... cant believe people go through all that just to steal money from people. Are they gone now? I guess they have been reported by now. Im glad to have a forum where you can get info about this stuff. Keep it up!