Wire Strike Information

I'm searching out more information on wire strikes and can use your help. I'm looking for reports, video clips, news clips, archival directions, personal experiences, etc. I have some info from NYSB but feel there is a lot of info if I can get proper directions to find it. Any help you can render would be appreciated. I've already got plenty of hangar stories and need some factual stuff.

In my 50+ years of utility and ag flying worldwide I've gone thru at least 18 wires but only one with helicopter and that was at night in CA during take-off. None resulted in a crash. God has been taking care of me all these years!!

Thanks in advance

FlyinRock

Guest rookie101

This is a fairly recent thread, don't know if you've seen it already but no hurt in posting it.

http://helicopterforum.verticalreference.com/helicopterfor...mp;hl=invisible

Also, if you can get your hands on this issue of Heli-Ops (post #16 has a picture of the magazine) it has a great article on wire strikes.

http://helicopterforum.verticalreference.com/helicopterfor...mp;hl=invisible

Hope this helps.

FLYINROCK-

PM me - I have some pretty extensive research from a grad thesis completed a few years ago that I will make available. Glad to understand you are one of the stats that is still around with us.

"In my 50+ years of utility and ag flying worldwide I've gone thru at least 18 wires but only one with helicopter and that was at night in CA during take-off."

I think you'll find some interesting reading regarding fixed wing vs. helo wire strike ratio (if you are not already familiar with the #s).

-WATCH FOR THE WIRES-