You make the decision about "Silvergate"

You Decide on VR  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion about the SSH "Silvergate"

• Move all SSH topics to one dedicated forum
    • Keep SSH topics with other topics
    • Remove all SSH topics
    • I really don't care and want to see more helicopters!
    • Create a dedicated SSH forum but keep it password protected

With any difficult decision I found that it takes a group of brains working together to come up with a better solution. Please help us all to clean up the mess and fine tune this website by giving your vote. Please feel free to add your ideas.

Hopefully, after this, we can all get back to discussions that are more important to the general helicopter community.

Thank you in advance,

-Rey

I'm up for any way that will not negatively hurt this forum and site. For everybody who wants to keep posting, remember that there is a flight school review page. For those of you who have flown there, put your comments here so Rey won't get into any kind of litigation with this company.

Just my two cents.

I've noticed that most of the votes are for "move it to it's own forum" but that, to me, would give off the apperance of "setting up a dedicated forum just to slam SSH" - While hey, I'd love to see it myself and clean out some of the junk in the other forums it smacks a tad of impropriety and might give ammo to the wanting-to-lawyer-up SSH posse. You know what I mean? It would give them a chance to say "See? They set up a whole forum just to hurt our business!" - Now I know that's CERTAINLY not the case, Rey.

...just saying. :D

Voted "leave things alone and only speak the truth where it's applicable - be it SSH or any other company - positive or negative. Fair play!!!!"

-m

I say definately separate SSH forum.

A separate forum doesn't necessarily encourage slamming SSH, anyone would be more than welcome to provide positive feedback on the school. The fact that a hugh majority of the comments are negative just speaks volumes.

i voted to keep it with the topics, BUT ! ( there should only be ONE topic dedicated to the "largest helicopter flight training school") Its too bad that Mr Airola threatens forum owners w/ lawyers rather than post for himself,,,,,,but i wouldnt "jump into the lion's den" either. I "glanced" over some of the posts, & i wouldnt ever put myself into a position that "i take out the loan" but someone else has "access to the $$"----not really sure if this is the case, but Mr Airola should be the one to tell us and the new students considering his school, rather than hearsay from a forum.

In any case, he has quite an accomplishment w/ his school, and as the old saying goes "what goes around comes around"

as being one that "added to the clutter" here are my thoughts.

When I first found the site I looked over the differant forums first. THEN I searched for Silver State" (Actually I searched for the wrong name but that is a differant story) If It was in it's own forum I wouldn't have added yet another thread asking about them.

As for it setting up a seperate location to "slam" them I received many peices of valuable info about the company through posts and IM's, granted most were negative but. some were positive.

If a company presents itself, and runs in a way that brings in negative feedback than so be it.

That being said I myself have had very little to do with the company. In fact aside from talkign to them on the phone, and researching them as a company I have had none. So my veiws are very one sided. do with them as you please.

I simply say - remove the topics. Have a reference page (for anyone that searches SSH) that says that all SSH info has been removed due to a potential lawsuit brought on by various negative posts and comments about the school.

People can then form there own opinions and do their own research and go from there.

B)-->

QUOTE(Grant B @ Aug 16 2006, 22:54 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I simply say - remove the topics. Have a reference page (for anyone that searches SSH) that says that all SSH info has been removed due to a potential lawsuit brought on by various negative posts and comments about the school.

People can then form there own opinions and do their own research and go from there.

Kinda hard to "do your own research" if all discussion has been banned, don't ya think?

They wouldn't be much of a researcher if they only looked at this site. The internet is somewhat larger.

The comments would speak for themselves, be politically correct, help protect this site and the lack of negative posts and flaming or blaming would promote a more professional feel.

$0.02

Guest 13snoopy
With any difficult decision I found that it takes a group of brains working together to come up with a better solution. Please help us all to clean up the mess and fine tune this website by giving your vote. Please feel free to add your ideas.

Hopefully, after this, we can all get back to discussions that are more important to the general helicopter community.

Thank you in advance,

-Rey

Dear Rey,

There is NO way that SSH or it's ownership can legally make you take down anything here regarding SSH or it's ownership. They are giving you nothing but bluster and you are being way too meek.

As I said earlier, let them sue you. I'll be glad to contribute (heavily) to any legal bills you garner.

But they won't sue since they have no just cause.

This is a basic internet posting forum that does not require any proof of true identity from the posters. What do you think the scores of publicly traded companies think about all the message boards that are hosted by BIG players (i.e.Yahoo, MSN, etc) that allow people to post almost anything they want about these public-traded companies? And we are talking companies whose public-traded stock is valued at hundreds of millions to billions of dollars in market cap! If they can't stop it, surely a tiny helicopter flight school doesn't have any weight to throw around.

Stop allowing them to bluff you. Please!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Dear Rey,

There is NO way that SSH or it's ownership can legally make you take down anything here regarding SSH or it's ownership. They are giving you nothing but bluster and you are being way too meek.

As I said earlier, let them sue you. I'll be glad to contribute (heavily) to any legal bills you garner.

But they won't sue since they have no just cause.

This is a basic internet posting forum that does not require any proof of true identity from the posters. What do you think the scores of publicly traded companies think about all the message boards that are hosted by BIG players (i.e.Yahoo, MSN, etc) that allow people to post almost anything they want about these public-traded companies? And we are talking companies whose public-traded stock is valued at hundreds of millions to billions of dollars in market cap! If they can't stop it, surely a tiny helicopter flight school doesn't have any weight to throw around.

Stop allowing them to bluff you. Please!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks 13snoopy,

You are correct.