Training in the NY Tri-state area?

Hello, I'm interested in training in the New York, New Jersey, Connecticut area. There's two schools I'm interesten in Connecticut: NorthEast Helicopters, and Hummingbird Helicopters. There are a couple of schools in New Jersey, and New York too. Does anyone have any recommendations? I looked at "School Reviews" but there few reviews there.

Thanks in advance B)

A friend of mine has a school in White Plains @ Westchester airport. I havent seen him in a while, his name is Javier & this is his website:

http://www.wingsair.net/helicopters_flightTraining.php

call & talk to him & tell him Rich from sky manor airport says hi.

Wingsair is a good school and I know one of the istructors that used to work there, the only problem is that they are $315 per hour for a 300.

Have you guys looked at Pegasus Global Helicopter in Linden, NJ? Check out http://www.pegasusflight.com/ for more info. They are like 20 miles from the city and I believe their birds went for like 280 dual....and I think its a pretty easy ride on the NJ train system. Talk to Louis Maldonado.

Secondly, do you guys each have a car? And are you willing to drive close to 2 hours to get to a flight school? There is a great school in Ronkonkoma (and also the closest Nat. Guard Air unit to the city), which is out on the island. I help out in the hanger and fly there on tuesdays, so I can introduce you guys to the owners and all that jazz.

There is also Centennial Helicopters, which is in Dandury, CT. (Centennialhelicopters.com) Talk to Michael DeMarchi. They only have one helicopter, but I don't think its hard to get on the schedule.

Thanks Andrew, I'm also looking for a school thats FAA Part 141 approved as well. I know that this will narrow my search down a little but I need as much financial help I can get.

Thanks Andrew, I'm also looking for a school thats FAA Part 141 approved as well. I know that this will narrow my search down a little but I need as much financial help I can get.

I'm not sure which of the closest schools are what, but give'em a call. I tired look on the pegasus website, but I didn't find anything...though I THINK they are 141, as is wings air. In a fairly close radius, those are the schools that are in the tri-state area, minus hummingbird and NorthEast (which would be kind of far anyway).