Flight Schools

I found two outfits in central NC. One is North Carolina Rotor and Wing http://www.ncrotorcraft.com. I called once and got an answering machine. There's another one on the same street called SouthEastern Helicopters (couldn't find a website). Please let me know what you think if you contact or visit either of them.

There are three more in NC, 2 in TN and 5 in VA listed at http://www.helicopter-training.net. Good luck with your training wherever you go!

Check out Charlottesville Flight Center in Charlottesville, VA. They have a low low time R22 and just added a R44.

www.flycfc.net

Thanks for all the info. I did call Tomlinson in Florida, and they should be opening up in Elkin NC. in about a month. It will only be about an hour from the house. A little better than driving to Abingdon Va. I guess i will go this route and see where I end up.

Thanks for all the info. I did call Tomlinson in Florida, and they should be opening up in Elkin NC. in about a month. It will only be about an hour from the house. A little better than driving to Abingdon Va. I guess i will go this route and see where I end up.

Tomlinson is a great outfit ,The Helo that is going to Elkin NC is a 2004 300CBI and they are going to offer mountain training as well as Pvt, Comm. and CFI.

Tomlinson is a great outfit ,The Helo that is going to Elkin NC is a 2004 300CBI and they are going to offer mountain training as well as Pvt, Comm. and CFI.

After talking with Brian,you wouldn't happen to be his cousin would you? Are they going to offer instrument training? Also would you know where you will take your check ride?

If you are looking for a school in TN, give Valley Helicopter Services a good look.

Valley Helicopter Services

Bryant is an excellent instructor. I was able to solo in 12 hours because he identified the problems that I had quickly and showed me how to fix them. I got my PPL-H add-on in 37 hours. If you work hard he will get you where you want to be quickly.

It's been awhile since i was on here. I already have a loan to start flight training. The school was Northstar Aviation in Abingdon Va. Notice I said was. They have closed up shop. Does anyone know of any schools in the Va., Tn., Nc., area ?

Ozie,

Come to West Virginia and fly with us.

It's been awhile since i was on here. I already have a loan to start flight training. The school was Northstar Aviation in Abingdon Va. Notice I said was. They have closed up shop. Does anyone know of any schools in the Va., Tn., Nc., area ?

If you are close to Charlotte NC, try Charlottehelicopters.com

They are out of Monroe NC. They have a new betaII and a RavenI

We've been taking a vote on whether to move all the Siver State discussion to a separate section.

Perhaps we should also move all this stuff to a separate section as well. (The bit bucket perhaps?) <_>

"Come fly with us" is getting pretty old, pretty fast.

:P :P

Bossman,

If you wish to use VR to garner students for your flight school, then please pay Rey and he will gladly place an ad for your business on this website.

Doug

Doug,

We are in the process of doing just that thing. I guess you can mention any other flight school but your own on this forum. Is that correct?

Mike

We've been taking a vote on whether to move all the Siver State discussion to a separate section.

Perhaps we should also move all this stuff to a separate section as well. (The bit bucket perhaps?) <_>

"Come fly with us" is getting pretty old, pretty fast.

Whirlwind,

Do you not invite folks to "come fly with you"? I invite people to fly all the time. A lot of the time they don't even have to pay. We just enjoy the experience. Lighten up, it's not all about money.

"Come fly with us."

"Come fly with us."

"Come fly with us."

Doug,

We are in the process of doing just that thing. I guess you can mention any other flight school but your own on this forum. Is that correct?

Mike

Mike,

It's not the fact that you mention that you own a flight school, it is the manner in which you mention it. I own a flight school as well and I don't put posts on VR that say little more than "Come fly with us." I mention it only when it is appropriate to what I am saying in the post, and I rarely mention it at that.

People come to VR to ask questions, get answers, express opinions, and increase thier knowledge of the helicopter industry. Most people on the board are pretty sharp and don't appreciate having someone else use the board for other than what it was intended for.

I'm glad to see that you are getting set up with Rey for advertising. My request of you is that you stop with the "Come fly with us" posts as a form of advertising. I think that you will find that you will get a much nicer reception on VR if you do.

Just my two-cents.

Doug

Mike,

It's not the fact that you mention that you own a flight school, it is the manner in which you mention it. I own a flight school as well and I don't put posts on VR that say little more than "Come fly with us." I mention it only when it is appropriate to what I am saying in the post, and I rarely mention it at that.

People come to VR to ask questions, get answers, express opinions, and increase thier knowledge of the helicopter industry. Most people on the board are pretty sharp and don't appreciate having someone else use the board for other than what it was intended for.

I'm glad to see that you are getting set up with Rey for advertising. My request of you is that you stop with the "Come fly with us" posts as a form of advertising. I think that you will find that you will get a much nicer reception on VR if you do.

Just my two-cents.

Doug

Doug,

"Come fly with us" is what I say to everyone, every place I go. I try to promote flying whenever I can. The fact that we teach people to fly is beside the point. I could put the "Come fly with us" as a signature as many of the people here have their signature sayings on every post. I just choose to close with it. If you do not want me to invite people to fly, tell me why. Would you rather I say, "Go fly with Doug"? I don't care who people fly with, as long as we can keep a few doing it

Just my 2.5 cents worth.

Mike

Doug,

"Come fly with us" is what I say to everyone, every place I go. I try to promote flying whenever I can. The fact that we teach people to fly is beside the point. I could put the "Come fly with us" as a signature as many of the people here have their signature sayings on every post. I just choose to close with it. If you do not want me to invite people to fly, tell me why. Would you rather I say, "Go fly with Doug"? I don't care who people fly with, as long as we can keep a few doing it

Just my 2.5 cents worth.

Mike

Mike -

Perhaps your 'come fly with us' was becoming like an irritating pop-up advertisement when you are on line, not having control over it, all of the sudden appearing out of nowhere.

Damn pop-ups.....at least include a naked women like all the rest of the pop-ups.....

Doug,

Just my 2.5 cents worth.

Mike

Mike,

Again, it's the manner in which you present yourself. If you look at your post #13 on this thread, all you did was quote jtravis1, post some photos of your helicopter and say "Come fly with us." What I am attempting to do here is give you a little feedback, be it unsolicited, on how you can be better welcomed here. Based upon the response from others on this board, I know that I am not the only one that feels this way about what is perceived to be a blantant attempt at free advertising. If getting free advertising is not what you are attempting to do, then take the feedback as a signal that what you are attempting to do and how it is coming across to others is not lining up and see it as an opportunity to make what you are doing line up with what you are attempting to accomplish.

Everyone on this board is important in what they can contribute by sharing thier knowledge with others. I do not know what your avaition background is, but I am certain that you have knowledge to share with others. You are a new member here at VR and I feel that you are in jeopardy of losing some of your credability with others based upon the way that people are perceiving you. It would be a shame if that were to happen because you started off on the wrong foot.

I never said that you should not invite people to fly, so please don't misconstrue my words. Sometimes all it takes is the invitation to start someone on the path to becoming a pilot. I invite most everyone I speak with to fly, however, I make every attempt possible to keep my posts on VR to the point and not use them as a way to attract students.

In keeping with that thought and in not wanting to hijack this thread (can I say hijack on an aviation website and not have the TSA do a body cavity search on me the next time I fly?? :huh: ) I will make this my last post on the subject.

Doug

Mike -

Perhaps your 'come fly with us' was becoming like an irritating pop-up advertisement when you are on line, not having control over it, all of the sudden appearing out of nowhere.

Damn pop-ups.....at least include a naked women like all the rest of the pop-ups.....

klas,

"Come fly with us." This is as close to naked, that I get.

04071.jpg

Come on man......If you're gonna bombard us with this "come fly with us" crap........ <_>

at least put some effort into the picture ;)

RED_20RBF.jpg

Fly safe

Clark B)

Again, it's the manner in which you present yourself. If you look at your post #13 on this thread, all you did was quote jtravis1, post some photos of your helicopter and say "Come fly with us."

You are a new member here at VR and I feel that you are in jeopardy of losing some of your credability with others based upon the way that people are perceiving you.

Legitimate business or not, I've already decided that I won't be a customer.

Some folks just don't "get it", and being bull-headed about it instead of graciously accepting feedback is no way to gain friends (or customers).

Go fly with yourself.