Flying Poker Run

Bristol

Every once in a while some of the instructors and students will do a "flight of two" to one of the airports to eat lunch. Combining it with training, etc.

Anyone ever arrange or participate in a larger flight of fun, say a dozen or more? I work for Harley Davidson, and bikers are always doing "poker runs". I think it would be great to organize a gathering of pilots and fly to a couple of nearby places and have lunch. Kind of like a flying poker run..

Bristol, ya make a good suggestion IMHO, if'n ya get enough area schools/students/cpi's to participate it could be a good multi bird flight training experience B). maybe making a leap frog journey in the area to teach new things to the students and give the cfi's more time. starting south and working north then back, multi day tour? I would enjoy that (even tho I'm not piloting yet) good training time for all.

Bristol, ya make a good suggestion IMHO, if'n ya get enough area schools/students/cpi's to participate it could be a good multi bird flight training experience B). maybe making a leap frog journey in the area to teach new things to the students and give the cfi's more time. starting south and working north then back, multi day tour? I would enjoy that (even tho I'm not piloting yet) good training time for all.

I'm going to organize something for sure. First one will prob be in teh central florida area. I'll keep you posted.

Bristol

I know that the Stearman pilots down here in AZ used to do poker runs about 7 years ago when I was still flying f/w. I think most of their flights were into uncontrolled and private airports though. In any case, I never heard any radio chatter from them. Being that our helio terminal/school is segregated from the main terminal I don't hear much chatter anymore, doesn't mean they aren't still doing it.

Zaron.