Almost starting!

Hello once again,

Well, im that much closer to beginning my flight lessons. Ive been approved for the full loan amount from Sallie Mae, & i've already recieved my FAA 2nd Class medical. All i'm waiting for is an approval package that I need to send back to SM & I can start. I'm getting really excited, I just hope I can complete the course within the avg time frame or better.

~As a helicopter passes over the house. I can't waiiiit!~

I'll be sure to be posting often once I get rolling.

Hello once again,

Well, im that much closer to beginning my flight lessons. Ive been approved for the full loan amount from Sallie Mae, & i've already recieved my FAA 2nd Class medical. All i'm waiting for is an approval package that I need to send back to SM & I can start. I'm getting really excited, I just hope I can complete the course within the avg time frame or better.

~As a helicopter passes over the house. I can't waiiiit!~

I'll be sure to be posting often once I get rolling.

Ford,

Where are you going to learn to fly at?

R91

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, that time frame was larger than i expected. Didnt realize I posted this so long ago.

Well, i finally started my training, today in fact. However, I'm in the New England area, and the winds were too strong today to get flying. At least we got the pre-flight addressed, and books, etc.

I'm going to the New England Helicopter Academy in Norwood Mass. The instructors are great, i'm really looking forward to learning & having a great time.

Im sure to be around these forums rather often. Many questions are going to pop up during the studying. Until then, safe flying!

Hey!

I just flew my first hour! The wind picked up to 17 knots at the end so it was a bit challenging, but fun! (Windy conditions was one of the reasons I chose to fly in Hawaii, I figured if you can fly with wind you can fly without it but not necesarily the other way around. It's a very steady wind though.)

Anyway, the instructor did two autorotations, that was interesting....I obviously have no sense of self preservation because it didn't seem the slightest bit scary to me, I wonder if that is good or bad? :huh:

I've gotten a stack of books too, have to get them out of the plastic soon and start reading - this will be the hard part for me I think...

Anyway, you should be about to take your first flight soon - have fun!

B)

Yeah, the wind can be a real killer. We had some pretty gusty winds last friday, it made for some interesting flying, but it truely is fun! However, i'm extremely jealous that you get to fly in HAWAII!...thats not fair at all.

I know what you mean about the self preservation as well, I laugh while he's doing autorotations & such.

Studying saves tons of money...just remember that. Luckily, the reading material isnt too boring. I've read about 3 chapters or so in the flight manual.

I started a new topic about some of the things we've gone over if you want some good reading :-)

Take Care

I hope your having as much fun as I am. lol