Almost Ready to begin

I accidentally posted this in the General Message board instead of here so I'm reposting it.

I'm very close to starting my flight training I can taste it. I've already passed my physical and now the proud holder of a Class 2 certification. I've pretty much decided on the school since there are only two in my area (San Antonio, TX) and I have ruled out one with the initials SSH. However, I'm taking a demo flight tomorrow with the other one just to be sure. They fly Robbies and I've only flown in Schweizers so this should be interesting. Can't wait to auto.

I'm starting to put together a flight bag for my training ie. books, training supplies and trying to decide on a headset. I was able to try the Bose X at a local factory store and love it. Are there any other headsets that come close to or exceed it in comfort, reliability, ANR? I've searched through these forums as well as read varying reviews but would still like to get more opinions especially from those of you training right now. Thx.

• 2 weeks later...

The Bose Av.X might be a bit expensive, but it has the best combination of weight, comfort and ANR i have ever encountered. You might have a look at some of the models from David Clarke, these are more robust, but the ANR is not as good (in my opinion), Then you have the Telex Stratus D50, awsome ANR (mabye even too much) Its probably the biggest headset you'll find, heavy, and not really comfortable. Go with the Bose Av.X thats my advice. Invest in your future, and get the best headset you can find. You will see the benefits down the road.

You might check out this post that has been going on, not sure if it will help: http://helicopterforum.verticalreference.com/helicopterfor...?showtopic=4799

Also, do a search and you will find a few threads/posts on headsets. I am about to buy one, and I think it will be the DC H10-60 more than likely at this point. Though I think someone was talking about selling a pretty DC ANR equipped headset for pretty cheap. Maybe I should look into that instead......

You might check out this post that has been going on, not sure if it will help: http://helicopterforum.verticalreference.com/helicopterfor...?showtopic=4799

Also, do a search and you will find a few threads/posts on headsets. I am about to buy one, and I think it will be the DC H10-60 more than likely at this point. Though I think someone was talking about selling a pretty DC ANR equipped headset for pretty cheap. Maybe I should look into that instead......

Roger- I dont think DC makes one headset that you can use for fixed wing, rotor, or the fire truck. But I can use mine in all 3...just a thought since I know you spend some time on a rig...

Goldy