SFAR 73 question regarding R-44

Little bit of help needed interpreting SFAR 73... Here goes:

I have:

200 Hours (all R22), CFI rating and SFAR 73 endorsement to teach in R44... How many hours do I need in the R44 to get an endorsement to teach?

My interpretation is that I need 25 hours since I can credit 25 in the R22 for the 50 needed...

Am I correct?

I'm a new CFI so I'm trying to get all of this figured out...

Thanks!

25 hrs (minimum) for the -44 endorsement is correct with the # of -22 hours you have stated. This should be a pretty straight forward transition & endorsement, but keep in mind that ultimately YOU must be the one to determine if 25 are enough for you to be safe & proficient.

-WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

25 hours... that's what I thought! Thanks for the replies.

Hope you are still looking at this post.

25hrs is correct, but don't forget the checkout/checkride after the 25 has to be with an R44 examiner.

I say checkout/checkride because there is no pass or fail but the endorsement has to come from an examiner. Also make sure the examiner is qualified to do it in the R44, I know of some that claim they can do it but the FAA doesn't have them listed for R44's. (No I am not mentioning any names)

Good luck

Hope you are still looking at this post.

25hrs is correct, but don't forget the checkout/checkride after the 25 has to be with an R44 examiner.

I say checkout/checkride because there is no pass or fail but the endorsement has to come from an examiner. Also make sure the examiner is qualified to do it in the R44, I know of some that claim they can do it but the FAA doesn't have them listed for R44's. (No I am not mentioning any names)

Good luck

Thanks. My signoff/ride will be with an FAA DPE and he is qualified in the R-44...